The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday Reflection: A Long Road Ahead

Greetings Fam! It was a beautiful day here in the ATL. Around 92 degrees but add in the humidity factor, it felt more like 102. Like I said beautiful, until the clouds came in and the bottom fell out. Damn Georgia weather, it's so unpredictable but it's all good.

Sunday is usually the day I designate as my off-day and it gives me time to think and review my week, plus plan for the week ahead. The pic above is the Discount Mall off of Old National Highway in CP (College Park). Now normally I don't do a damn thing on Sunday, I lay around the house and watch movies. Plus season 2 of The Girls Next Door is out so I gotta catch that. I don't watch TV so when I do watch something it had better be hot. It never ceases to amaze me what people let you get away with when you have that scrilla. Hugh Hefner is the fucking Pimp of the century. Simple. Who knows, after your hustleman gets this money, maybe I'll have a mansion with 3 dime girls. Or maybe 5.

Last night I was exhausted. Spend 7 hours in the Georgia sun and tell me how you function after, you feel me? I posted my blog and watched the bootleg of the new Sam Jackson movie 'Snakes on a Plane'. Maybe I'll give a review in a future post. After that, I knocked out. Lights and computer were still on. When I woke up it was daylight. Damn good sleep too.

I woke up feeling pretty energetic and was looking forward to my day of doing nothing but my girl kept pressing me to leave the house and spend some time with her. On top of that my cell was ringing off the hook from my clientele who couldn't wait until Monday to get what they needed. So fuck it I got dressed and left. Money over bullshit, all the time.

My girl was pressed to get some more black art for the house, plus your hustleman needed some bling so we hit the discount mall. Amazing! Why the hell don't I see my people with the big booths selling the high end products, like jewelry, cell phones, clothes etc.? This is Georgia! All I saw were Koreans doing the big time operating. Don't misread your dude, I'm not racist, but I know what race black folks are in.

These people don't even live in our hood, but we patronize their establishments and they take that money and spend it with their own. It's brilliant. My people need to get on that level. Anyway, I have much repect for their hustle. Moving on.

After the clientele was served and I had a spare moment to think, I have to say this week was damn interesting. When you hang out with hustlers you're perspective on life changes. You realize that in this society you can only really depend on yourself for security and longevity. Sad to report things are not looking better but worse. I'm an optimistic dude with my outlooks, but reality is what it is.

When it's all said and done, to quote a great teacher of mine, "The helping hand you're looking for is at the end of your own arm." End quote.

Self reliance is the missing ingredient that seperates the working class from the hustler. The realization that what you do today effects what happens tomorrow, and the days after. It's just you. Yeah, yeah, yeah, you share your life with others. True. But in the end it's really just you. So what decisions are you making, or not making? Not happy? Make different decisions. Don't have the things in life you desire. Make a decision to bring them into your life. Simple.

I have made a decision to elevate my game. Not just for the glory of saying, "Look what I did motherfuckas!". But to elevate my peoples game also. There's a long road ahead of me but I look at it with a grin. Whatever comes, I'll climb under, jump over, run around or bust through. That's my decision, so that's what it's going to be.

Later Fam. As always... keep it moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home