The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Friday, August 25, 2006

The Dynamic Duo - Tag Teaming The Block

Greetings Fam! It's your Hustleman back at you. Just came in from a long days work. But I'm feeling fabulous. The day started out overcast and I swore we were going to get rain, but sure enough, the clouds dispersed and the heat was on.

It's been funny this last week or so, my spot just seems to be attracting all the old hustlers that used to step through there. It's was Big Boy, New York, Mike and myself. Not to mention the dude in the green truck who rolls though to catch the strays we miss. Shit, a situation like this draws too much attention and attention draws heat. To be quite honest Fam, I'm starting to feel like the wayward center for Huslters. Everyone wants to work in my spot instead of get their own. I don't take this offensively. I carefully groomed my main spot to be trouble free. It's very inviting to a lazy hustler.

I woke up late today which set the tone for the beginning of my day. A hustler has a mental clock with a voice attached to it, which ticks like this. "It's 11am nigga, you should be getting your products ready. It's 12pm why aren't you headed to your spot yet? By the way, did you get everything. Did you? You forgot something didn't you? You know JJ is coming today. Do you have what he needs? Damn you're slow, it's 1 pm, are we there yet? You're going to start missing money nigga!"

I'm in a situation right now since my suppliers are transient. Just to keep heat off of them they move every year. This adds about 2 hours to the re-up phase of my day, which normally only takes about 20 minutes. I have to call my connect. Read him a list of what I need. The connect will go through and get what he has access to, then call me back 3 or 4 times to make sure it's right. Then I have to meet him somewhere. Then from there I go to my spot to set up and check paper. It's a pain in the ass, but you gotta do what you gotta, feel me? This week I've been all over the 'A' meeting this connect daily, no bullshit.

Today started out slow, about an hour after I arrived my man New York shows up. Surprisingly no other hustlers show up. Looks like it's just him and me on the block. It's was all good it was slow anyway. I woke up late so I missed my connect during the morning so I had to meet him in the afternoon. I left my spot, met with him and headed back. Damn, still slow. By this time my mind starts to drift to other things as New York and I chop up some interesting conversation. Mainly about females and the hustle game. I had to check myself to stay focused. That's when a Fulton County squad car pulls up near the spot and just parks. Damn! It's already slow and then the folks are nearby, which means you have to tip-toe around and make careful moves. In essence, it holds up your money. New York told me he'd be back in a little while and left. I played it cool and got out product very tactfully. By the time Fulton County left I had about an hour to go before I had to leave the spot yet again to pick up my girl from work. And it's still slow! Damn! It's Friday, I expected so much more.

New York rolled back through and went on about how he needs to get his lottery money for the day. Pause here. I respect New York, but this dude spends 40 dollars a day playing the lotto. That's right, 40 dollars a day. I can't see it. Having a bad habit that sucks up your money is just bad business for a hustler. But he's a grown ass man, older than me in fact. What am I supposed to say to him that he doesn't already know? I left that topic alone.

The spot began to pick up and we did what any hustler is supposed to do. Lock down the block. What I didn't have on deck with me, I checked to see if he had it and vice versa. No customer was getting out of spending if we could help it. I looked at the clock on my cell. Damn! Time to pick up my girl from work. I left and did that and returned to my concrete kingdom. By this time the block was booming. We tag teamed the rest of the evening. Money flowed to both of us. We had a short converstaion about just keeping the block to ourselves and pushing the other hustlers out. We'll see if that happens.

You know Fam, there's a certain type of high that comes with making money the way I do. I can't put it in words. Your heart pumps, your mind clears and it's almost as if you become a magnet for money. It just comes to you. An old hustler buddy of mine called Bone used to say hustling is a vibe. You just have to catch it. And he was right. When you catch that vibe you feel almost unstoppable.

As the evening rolled on and the sun began to set, I figured it was time to go. Mainly because I was hungry as hell. I don't get many opportunities to eat during the day time. My girl agreed to get jamacian food and I'm all down with it. I love that curry chicken. On the way back to the house I smiled and gave thanks. Another successful day, no stress, just blessed. I must say, it was a good day.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there! Just wanted to come and check you out. This is some great reading and your writing is FABULOUS!

    You got a late start, but had a productive day nevertheless. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you stay focused.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    Peace to the Goddess! Hope all is well with you and the family. Thanks for the compliment on the writing. I'll be talking to you and the god soon. Take care.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home