The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Reachin' And Living Lovely

Welcome Fam, this is your Blogmaster AKA The Hustleman coming at you from the sunny cityscapes of Atlanta, Georgia. I’m going to keep this post short because basically I’m just enjoying life at the moment. Yeah, there’s a lot going on in the life of your favorite Hustler (now that I think about it, when is something NOT going on with me lol?) which I’ll start getting into next week. But for these last couple of weeks I’ve been taking it easy on the work tip and have been just enjoying life.

Sometimes I be on my Grind so hard I forget to enjoy the fruits of my labors (sometimes I can be a stubborn work-a-holic). I think most of us do. We get trapped in that robotic way of living. Wake up, work, sleep, take care of your family and fit a little time in for yourself when you FIND the time... wash, rinse, repeat. And in searching for that "me-time" we usually come up short. Either we don’t find it, or it’s so little time it flies by before you can blink. Then it’s back to the boring routine all over again. What kind of life is that? Damn, can I live?

So the rule goes: Don’t complain, change it!

Now me, myself, took a mini-vacation and have been out and about. The weather’s been lovely for the most part so I’ve been stepping out fresh and hitting the town.

Atlanta is an interesting city. Not as interesting as say, New York, but none the less summer and spring time is where it’s at! There’s always something going on. Whatever your tastes and whatever lane you run in, you can find something your speed.

I’m not much of a club person (although I do like the strip clubs), so I find other things to get into. Plus the club scene is a little crazy out here lately. People getting shot up and what not, so the best way to avoid a bullet is not to be there, feel me? About 3 weeks ago two young Black men got shot in the back of the head by the police of all people. They weren’t armed and posed no threat. What the fuck is up with these cops out here? They’re shooting at anything… even an 80 year old woman about 2 months ago… moving on…

So your Hustleman grabbed his favorite young Lady and has been doing it big. Dining at “Glady’s Knight Chicken and Waffles”, running through the Sweet Auburn Fest (a Black celebration) downtown.

Hitting up the sushi bar at Atlantic Station, which is for all you Ballers (big spenders) out there. Atlantic Station is built like its own little village; livable lofts and studio apartments on top of all the shops and restaurants. It’s has a cool vibe and a laid back atmosphere, imagine about 8 square blocks with a parking deck underneath and its own movie theatre and grocery store. I highly recommend it if you come out here for a visit.

I’ve also been jettin’ through the south side, the south west side and all through Clayton County getting my eat on. Trying new food dishes and desserts (within reason) just because that’s what I want to do.

I took in a couple of movies instead of checking out the bootleg copy. I’ve kicked it with my fellow Hustlers on their blocks just to politic with them and share life stories.

I took a stop at the Uptown Comedy Club, in downtown, to watch Teddy Carpenter who was headlining and that brother did his thing. I was laughing so hard I was crying. Check for him on BET’s Comic View and “Puff Daddy’s Bad Boys of Comedy”. He’s a genius in my opinion, almost up there with Katt Williams… almost.

I’ve been burning up $3.00 a gallon gas, but fuck it. I’ve been spending over my usual budget, but fuck it. That’s why I Grind (work) right? And everything feels damn good!

No clock to punch (yes, Hustler’s do “punch a clock” – we create our own work schedule’s), no whining from the customers and the workers, well I kept it to a minimum anyway; just laying cool in chill mode. Moving how I want to when I want to.

So enjoy the week ahead Fam because for me, mini-vacation is over and it’s time to get back on The Grind. But I’m well rested, laced with energy and ready to get back into doing what I do.

And despite everything that surrounds you Fam, please remember to take a moment out for yourself every once in awhile or you just might lose yourself, feel me? Peace!

*** Unparalleled Business Game ~ Home Based and Small Business strategies, techniques and tricks of the trade straight from your Hustleman:

Learn The Game. CLICK HERE.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you have found someone who makes you happy and you want to do things with, cause u sure as hell never did a damn thing with me! It's all good tho. We like who we like and there is no apologies in that. As far as the mini vacation, I can't wait til I can do the same. Seems like all my days are just one long ass day. Like you said wash, rinse and repeat. This vacation has done you some good, you look and seem relaxed and happy.
    I wish you well.
    Ms.Mental

     
  • At 6:08 AM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Mz. Mental - Damn girl you don't hold any punches do you? LOL - all good though; always liked that about you. Yeah I'm doing great and feeling fabulous!

    And you just came off a weekend at the beach not too long ago... I need to step my game up. Holla at ya soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home