The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

All Good Just A Week Ago...

What’s up Blog Fam? Whoa! This week has been CRAZY for your Hustleman for real! I’m talking up, downs, surprises around every corner and I even had a run in with the law, that’s right, the Police. Had to happen sooner or later, right? LOL

Over all I’ve been feeling great. Despite the out of the ordinary temperature changes going on in the “A” (Atlanta), I’ve been feeling damn good, my energy is up and my focus is as sharp as ever. I’m enjoying every moment. What else is a Hustler to do? We live our life by moments.

So here I sit at nearly 6am inking this post for you all. Eh… couldn’t sleep so why not get some things off my mind.

Your Hustleman is currently at a phase in his life where he’s striving to maintain a balance. You know, between work, interpersonal relationships, setting things up for the future and what-not. But He has to admit that at times He feels like the only love in His life is the Hustle; the Game that never stops and is always around you. The Game that always gives back what you put into it and the end result is a satisfying sense of freedom and personal growth. The money’s pretty damn good too.

But as much as I strive for balance it seems that I just can’t get that relationship aspect of my life running smoothly. I’m beginning to think maybe it’s just me… nah! LOL On the real though, here’s what went down recently.

Things on the dating scene have did a total 180 on me. Mz Lonnie and I have fallen out it appears and sadly it started over some bullshit. It’s something that could have very easily been worked out but when emotions get involved it does have a subtle way of changing things.

Now, anyone that knows me knows I Grind hard. Not only do I Hustle on these streets but I also write books, researching things for future projects, write this blog, do meetings for things dealing with future projects, help out when needed (I am a man of the people – If you only knew), I’m a part time counselor to my close associates and friends, I also date, go out and generally just enjoy life. So as a result a brother does get burnt out. It just goes with the territory.

In between these things I always made time for Mz Lonnie to the best of my ability. Problem was I would get on her comfortable king size bed and find myself asleep. She called me on this and I had to humble out because that’s just not fair… we’re supposed to be spending quality time and your Hustleman is putting Z’s in the air like a kindergarten teacher, feel me?

I decided that maybe I needed to slow down a bit and just take it easy for a couple of weeks. Do very little writing; Hustle just enough to meet my daily quote and catch up on my rest and let my small circle of friends and associates deal with their own problems for awhile. That part was easy.

Without going into too much detail let’s just say your Hustleman wasn’t giving 100%... with only so much energy how could I? But hey, I did give what I could. The results of course were not that spectacular. With all this going, the signals got flipped between Mz Lonnie and me.

I’m a communicator plain and simple, so we talked about it and agreed we would work on things. But from a woman’s perspective I can see how some of this could be taken as a lack of attraction and interest.

Truth is, that wasn’t the case at all but it did put a wedge in between us. The end result was predictable. Just like a garden, if you don’t take care of it and put time into it, it’s going to die. So we had to admit to each other that the connection between us just wasn’t there.

A heated debate killed what was left. I thought we were on the same page, I was wrong. Funny thing is, it was all good just a week ago.

With due respects to Mz Lonnie I enjoyed our time together and there’s no hard feelings.

Coming off of the god’s comment on my last post I’ve come to realize a sad reality. Well actually I’ve realized it awhile ago but it’s so much clearer now.

The older you get, the harder it is to date. We are just less willing to compromise on certain things and everyone is afraid to let their guard down totally. At my age (31) you’re just tired of being disappointed and hurt. Let’s not mention wasting time.

In light of all of this there is wisdom. Knowing when things aren’t going to work out and knowing when you’re putting more into the relationship than your partner. I think the majority of us just want to be treated how we treat others. Am I wrong here Fam?

So here your Hustleman sits in introspection; time to make some adjustments inside myself, take a deep breath and go back after what I want. I’m NOT stopping until I get it. But I’m not going to settle for just anything either.

Some people give the advice (adding vice?), “Stop looking and it will come to you.” But I have to quote the scripture on this one:

“Ask and it shall be given, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened.” Or something similar to that. I’m a go getter, I refuse to just sit back totally, feel me?

Tune in next week for a heads up on what went down in my confrontation with the Police. It was interesting to say the least. Much love Fam! Enjoy your week ahead… I’m out.

*** Unparalleled Business Game ~ Home Based and Small Business strategies, techniques and tricks of the trade straight from your Hustleman:

The Game made plain and simple. CLICK HERE.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still have mad respect for my hustleman. No, things didn't go 100% as planned.
    Like I tried to tell you, there isn't a such thing as a perfect relationship. I'm still here. I wish you the best.

    Mz. Lonnie

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess this is why I am married(its hard to date the older you get)? Lol...naw..I am married because I love my wife.

    Dating is not hard bro. It is the let down of our expectations we had for that person & self; that is a hard thing to deal with.

    Remember...let your energy attract that which you seek. Your paths will cross; almost like magic. Yet, if you are unclear about what is valuable to you; she will be gone just as fast as she came.

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Mz Lonnie - It's all good Babygirl. It is what it is. I wish you all the best as well.

    @ the god - I overstand what you're saying Bro and I agree.

    But just like the time before you met your wife, meaning before you were clear on what you wanted; nothing definite manifested.

    And that's where I stand now. As I said, I am making adjustments. Being clear on business is no problem for me. Now I have to bring that same passion to creating what I want in the area of relationships.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you are right about dating later in life. I think we have less tolerance for bull and kind of know what we are not willing to put up with.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home