The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Torn?

Greetings Fam! I know it’s been awhile but just know your Hustleman is back at you. These last couple of weeks have been off the hook! There’s so much to catch you all up on it’s almost overwhelming, but to keep things simple (as I like to do), I’ll just cut to the chase and stick with the things that hit closest to home at the moment.

*** If you haven’t downloaded your FREE copy of “Wealth Programming and the Science of Getting Rich”, written by yours truly, then go ahead and get it now! I’m pulling the plug on this book on March 31st. To get your copy CLICK HERE. ***

Ahh, where to begin… well my main business is doing quite well; it continues to grow pretty much by itself. I’ll tell you Fam there’s no feeling quite like knowing that all your hard work and effort is paying off.

Also I’m in communication with a fellow Hustler who has a lot of experience and expertise to bring to the table. This young lady is already doing her thing as far as running seminars and doing a couple other businesses. If things go as planned, she and I will put a book together. This book will be much less “street” and more accessible to the public at large. I’ll let you know how that turns out; as of right now everything is still up in the air. Busy, busy, busy LOL. I’m not complaining mind you, I’m loving this shit.

The M2 project, my car dealership, is still rolling out although I’ve fallen a little behind schedule. I’ll be making an effort to pick up the pace a little so that by the summer of 2008 I should have that business profitable and locked down. There’s still so much to learn about the business and just know, I’m in it to win – to quote the rapper Jay-Z, “I will not lose”. I hope you feel me on that.

On a more personal note, dating has become much more complex and not only is it taking up a lot of my time, I also find myself torn between how to correctly divide up that time. I mean really Fam, it’s easy to balance my work and my social life but it’s really beginning to take a toll on me mentally; dealing with various personalities on a more intimate level is not that easy.

Sadly though, the young lady I grew closest too and was feeling the most is no longer at my side. Mz Chanel and I have decided not to go any further. She couldn’t deal with my current living situation. For those that don’t know, I still live with my ex-girlfriend. I know what you’re thinking LOL, you don’t have to say it.

I had to put some space in-between Mz Chanel and myself and try to look at our relationship from the outside; you know, take my emotions out of the picture. Sadly as much as I was feeling this woman I realized that there would be no peace between us as long as she refused to accept my situation. Which is her choice, I’m not knockin’ that.

I invited Mz Chanel over MANY, MANY times to come meet my ex and to see the situation first hand. Let’s be real, my living situation is far from normal and I could have been feeding her a line of bullshit from the start.

I accept that keeping things real is always the best policy so I told her don’t believe what I’m telling you, come see for yourself with your own eyes. No go though, she wouldn’t budge; she refused to come over the house, she refused to meet my ex and she refused to even overstand (stand over not under) why I choose to stay in my situation for the time being. Eh… what can I do? I hold nothing against her but in the end I figured it like this: If she cares anything about me, she would want to meet the people that I care about, follow me? These people are a part of my life and who doesn’t want to overstand their potential mate and that person’s life better?

I think any woman in their right mind would jump at the chance to see if what I’m saying is true. I know if the situation was reversed I would. As a matter of fact almost every woman I’ve dated had no problem coming through to check out the situation first hand and meet my ex. I’m not slow, I know there will always be a hint of doubt in the back of their minds but one thing they couldn’t say is that I lied or tried to hide something. Back on point…

Mz Chanel and I ended things off on a positive note. I genuinely cared about her and those feelings don’t go away over night. Plus she’s still good people and her two kids have a place in my heart. We talk almost everyday for a few minutes just to see how one another is doing and that’s about all. I’ll admit though, I do miss seeing her smile.

So I had to make a decision. Either I give all my time, attention and energy to my businesses or try to still be successful and have a meaningful relationship also. So you know me… the search for a good woman to put on my team continues. Only a mentally trapped person thinks either/or; a wise person realizes they can have both.

Although I have met a very interesting young lady recently that’s actually sparked my interest I’ve run into an unexpected dilemma… follow me on this if you would.

One of my homegirls who I’ll call Mz Tam called me up last weekend.

“Come over, I have to tell you about my night last night.”

“Really?” I asked, “What’s up, everything alright?” I could hear it in her tone. Normally Tam is what some folks would call a firecracker. High energy, always smiling always joking. But her tone was low energy, agitated, almost as if something happened that shook her up.

“Just come over, I just can’t be in the house right now, I just need to get away. Please just come get me.”

“Alright, no problem. Give me an hour, I need to shower and shave.”

I drove to her house knocked on the door. I was greeted by one of her daughters and looking up the stairs of her two-floor duplex I could see her at the top of the stairs, she waved and then disappeared. I made myself comfortable on the sofa as her two daughters watched some Barbie crap on the television.

After a few minutes Mz Tam came down the stairs and instead of being greeted by her usual smile I got a dry, “Hello”. She threw some things in her purse, grabbed her cell phone and said, “Let’s go.”

I begin to listen to her story about her adventures at an after hours club over in East Point. One of her cousins was in town and it was her last night there so they wanted to show her a good time. Her family frequented the club so they figured that was the best place to go.

According to Tam the club owner, who was drunk and acting like a dickhead, was basically fucking with her and her family the whole night. Subtle shit, like having someone take their drinks off the table and replacing it with glasses of water; having one of the bouncers telling them where they could and could not sit. There’s a lot more but I’m trying to keep this post as short as I can.

Fast forward… Mz Tam got a hotel room because she just wanted peace and quiet and needed to detox from all the alcohol and weed she smoked all night and all morning. We talked for a few minutes and she fell asleep. I left and picked up some food because I knew she would be hungry when she woke up.

Meanwhile, the young lady I’m currently getting to know, Mz Lonnie, is calling me. What am I supposed to say? I told the truth, I was with my homegirl Tam… in a hotel room… trying to listen to her and calm her down. Fortunately Lonnie overstood and just asked for me to keep her informed of the situation.

When Tam finally wakes up we eat and begin to talk. And I mean TALK, one of those deep conversations where you lose track of time. Now Fam, I’ve heard some of Tam’s stories before about her childhood and whatnot but this time she was letting everything out. I mean this girl was practically breaking down right infront of me. She was in tears as she reflected and told her tales.

Mz Lonnie called again. DAMN, lost track of time! I let her know I was still with Tam and I would get back at her ASAP. Long story short, I ended up spending the night at the hotel with Tam. This girl was shattered in pieces, it just didn’t seem right to leave her. I tried to build her up as best I could but sleep eventually took over.

Fast forward to Thursday night… I’m over Tam’s house and one of her friends from her hometown of Detroit in there with her husband. We sit and share some stories and they eventually leave. That’s when Tam dropped the bomb on me. It’s funny because I felt it coming, perhaps I even invited it to come. I mean I’m all about living in the moment (for the most part), but some things you can see coming and they can be avoided. That’s the thing though, I didn’t want to avoid this one.

It seems that our conversation at the hotel caused Tam to see me in a different light. This was true for me too, I felt much more connected to her. Not because she was crying her eyes out and I felt like I had to save her, but because she was so real with how she was feeling and how what she went through made her a stronger and much wiser person today.

We talked about how we felt and my eyes couldn’t help but notice her smooth chocolate legs and how short her shorts were she was wearing. I’m a man, what can I say? One thing led to another and the next thing I know I’m in the bathroom washing myself off in the sink. I sat with her for another hour and then made my way back home. Friday was around the corner and I knew I had to prepare myself for Friday grind. And add to that the fact that I also need to keep things clear between Mz Lonnie and myself.

Mz Lonnie is feeling your Hustleman, and without a doubt I’m feeling her too… but I’m not here to hurt anyone so I had to tell her the truth. That’s right; I told her what happened between me and Tam. Besides, I accept the fact that what goes around comes around, so why bullshit and be deceitful? Lying takes up too much time and energy I don’t have. I’m a man with integrity and principles; I won’t be anything less.

Mz Lonnie took the news like a real woman. She overstood the situation and realized my slight confusion; for the moment I’m torn and I need to make a decision. The things I get myself into…

Well I’ll wrap this up here Fam this post is way too long. Thank you all for being patient with me and as always I wish everyone much success and prosperity. Peace and blessings and I’ll be back at you as soon as possible. I’ll try not to stay away too long this time.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hustleman, there are not too many ladies I know who would overstand my being in a hotel room with another lady.

    You seem like you have a soft heart for women, just like myself, that could get you in a lot of trouble. ;] I have my Lady, but I don't allow myself to open my heart to other ladies. I still interact, but no heart thing.

    It's good you're truthful. But you know it still breaks hearts. Being aware of what goes around... is a good thing!

    Stay true to yourself!

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hustleman Great post brother!
    I enjoy reading your blog because as a young brother you are doing all the correct things with your career. But a word to the wise I would not get involved with a women that still parties drinks and smokes weed. She has two daughters and with her behavior she is not wife material. I know allot of people would disagree but with your mind set it seems that you should be looking for something different, just my two cents.

     
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Dami said…

    totally agreed with what the capt. said....it still breaks heart esp tryna be god to everyone

     
  • At 6:06 AM, Blogger Disco said…

    Hey love!!! Long time no talkie! LOL I am so glad to hear that you are keeping things moving and are doing well!

    I WISH that more guys (hell, PEOPLE for that matter) would be more truthful like you. When I read mthat you TOLD Mz. Lonnie that you did what you did, my mouth was open. You see.... most of us do not have those experiences and therefore, my mouth agape displayed that! LOL

    But I swear, if people would just HANDLE THE TRUTH, things would be so much simpler. I applaud you for being a strong individual and doing what is best for you and just what is right in general!

    Good deal fam!!

     
  • At 2:52 AM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ The Capt - Peace Capt. You're right, being truthful can still hurt and I try to never break a heart if possible. On the other side of the coin is the fact that Tam was really just a good friend, no one I was really considering dating. But in the end I knew what I was doing, we connected very deeply so I was kind of "spellbound" for a moment. I got my head back right now though. I gues my decision wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.

    @ Anon - Thanks for reading and commenting. Agreed, Mz Tam is far from wifey material... at least my type of wifey material. Fear not, I'm back on point,. I guess I just hadn't felt that kind of connection to a woman in a long time. But it doesn't outweigh the negative.

    @ Dami - Thanks for coming through. I visited your blog and you had me laughing which is a good thing especially at 3AM. Keep doing what you do.

    @ Mz Robyn - Well hello! Always glad to hear from you! It's kind of sad because people claim they want honesty, yet like you said, most people can't deal with it.

    Many people have left through the exit door in my life because of my honesty which is all good with me. I always figure if you can't deal with honesty it's mainly because you're not an honest person yourself. Either that or you choose to live in a fantasy world. Whatever the case, I don't need them around.

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Gemini Girl aka GG said…

    honesty is always the best policy..I think Lonnie will respect u more that you told the truth..too bad about Mz Chanel...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home