The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Rant From Your Hustleman: Relationships etc.

Peace Fam! How goes it? Your Hustleman is doing well and sitting up at 4am with some things on his mind so he decided to ink out these thoughts for you. Lately, for some reason, I’ve been ending up in conversations about Black Man and Black Woman relationships. Now I’m no expert on the subject but I damn sure can speak from a Black Man’s perspective.

When I was at Uptown Comedy Club, here in downtown Atlanta, listening to comedian Teddy Carpenter he brought up a few good points which I passed on to my favorite Lady who was there with me at the time.

One of the better points he brought up was that no man wants his girlfriend or wife in girlfriend or wife “mode” ALL the time. A man needs a good friend, someone not always trying to check him and watch and try to control his every move. A woman who when the car is broke down and you’re under the hood, she’s right there with you looking under the hood. When you see a big ass walking by you can say, “Damn baby. Look! Doesn’t that woman have a big ass?” and her reply is, “Yeah, she does have a big ass!”

Yeah they were jokes but you could see the light bulbs come on over the Ladies heads that were present. Most of the men were is total agreement. And this brings me to my realization or introspection if you will.

For a large part of my adult life I’ve struggled with maintaining a relationship with a woman. Most of the time, to be quite honest, I just lost interest. Once the interest was gone my mind and emotions were gone with it. The results of course were arguments, petty fights and squabbles because things had changed. Some things you can’t hide (not that I ever tried to).

When I was younger I went through all that “I’m a player” bullshit. Trying to fuck any and everything that opened its legs, just because I could. Once I got grown I realized I was wasting ALOT of time (and money I didn’t have). I mean seriously, what does pussy really do to advance your life? Sure you feel like you accomplished something (and in a way you did especially if it was hard to get), you can brag and boast to your boys about who you fucked and what you did to her but other than that what did you gain?

Once I got around True Hustlers I saw that most of them had very strict guidelines when it came to dealing with women. Simply put: Money over pussy, all the time.

Their logic was that by taking care of yourself and your home first the pussy would come to you; and even then it had to wait until after the business was taking care of. After all, what woman wants a man that’s not at least trying to better himself? She’ll lose interest eventually. No man or woman in their right mind wants to be with a bum. We can all do bad by ourselves, right?

On the other end are my natural desires as a man. I mean I love my Black Women; in all shapes, sizes and hues. As long as they look good with what they got, they’ll catch my attention. But once the conversation starts I look for intellect. Simple minded women turn me off; I gives a damn how good you look! Anyway, back on point…

So in searching for a woman I look for a friend. I mean a real friend. Someone who’s not always nagging. Someone who will let me watch a football game in peace or even watch it with me. Someone who knows damn sure that when a big ass walks by I’m going to turn my head and take a look. I respect you’re there Babygirl; I’m peeking, not staring.

My point is, I’m a man, let me be a man. If something I do bothers you then bring it to my attention in a way a friend would, not with all the attitude. Talk to me, don’t bitch at me.

No, you can’t have all my time and attention, I’ll give you as much as I can but there’s other things in my life that need my time and attention also.

Cook every once in awhile and make the food with love. Do it because you want to. Hell, I’ll even buy everything you need to hook it up.

Don’t be scared of the dick! You should suck it without me having to ask because you won’t have to ask me to return the favor.

Just because I missed your phone call doesn’t mean I’m out with another woman. I mean sometimes I do fall asleep, I work hard. And if we don’t live together, you’re not going to see me everyday. I’ll reach for you Babygirl when the business is taken care of.

Can we just chill out and enjoy each others company without having to go over every single detail of what I’m thinking about and why?

Yes, I do look at life different, especially relationships with other people. My thoughts and the way I do things come from another era. An era where directness in your communication counted for something. If you can’t meet me halfway or are willing to compromise on a few points, then we really don’t need to be together. I know you have a “wall” up around your heart because you don’t want to be hurt (and I do too). But don’t expect me to jump through hoops to prove my worth, feel me?

I overstand (stand over not under) that you may not be used to men like myself but damn, ride with it for a little while and see if this is for you.

When I look back at the majority of my relationships I realized that I lost interest in them because what I was looking for wasn’t there. It was there in the beginning, but when we put those “boyfriend” and “girlfriend” titles on, things changed. I lost my friend somewhere in that transition. Now I’m stuck with a whining, complaining, nagging, “Why can’t you read my mind?”, emotional wreck. Who wants to be around that all the time?

My reaction? “You’re stressing me baby, I need a little room to breath!”

Let me back up a bit. I’m not categorizing ALL my sisters out there, just SOME of the ones I’ve run across.

Alright, thanks for reading that. Like I said, I just had to get that off my mind. I’m always up for feedback, so if my female readers wish to add their perspective then leave a comment and holla at me. I would love to hear them.

Be good Fam, until next week. For those that celebrate on Monday, enjoy yourself. Do it big!

*** Unparalleled Business Game ~ Home Based and Small Business strategies, techniques and tricks of the trade straight from your Hustleman. Why? Because every business is a “Game” and every “Game” has rules. If you know the rules it’s easier to win. CLICK HERE to find out more.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good Post. If women are reading your post, I hope they put up some of your pointers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home