The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday Reflection: The Reinvention

Greetings again Fam. That pic above shows some young ladies getting their hustle on for one of their school sports clubs. I respect them being in the heat washing those cars. I remember when I saw this scene it made me reflect on my current state in life, in love and in business.

I can honestly say that I'm just not satisfied. Now don't get me wrong, compared with about 3 years ago I'm doing a hell of a lot better, but there's so much more I need to get done. When I pass from this rock I want to be remembered for something significant. I'm not talking about being thought of in the light of some of our great black leaders. But I do want to go knowing that I did touch some peoples lives in a positive manner.

~(WARNING! Rant coming up)~ I was talking to Mo, one of my clients, yesterday and she asked me why I don't have any kids. I told her it's not because of any lack of trying on my part *smirk*, but it just hasn't happened for me yet. So here I am, 31 years of age, no wife and no children. Although there is a female out there who claims she has my seed (child). Since the babyboy in question is now about 3 years old and she won't let me see him, let alone take a blood test, I don't claim him (but that's another post *smirk*).

Anyone who is around me for any peoriod of time, knows that I hate to waste time. But I recently had to check myself on that. I don't like to waste time, but the time I do use is put in the wrong areas. So in effect, I'm still wasting time. And ain't that a bitch.

As the year draws to a close I realize it's past due time to reinvent myself. Don't misread your Hustleman, I'm far from lazy. I have no overly bad habits other than smoking cigarettes. I'm not a slob and I'm definently no bum type dude, feel me? But to assist in the undertaking I am on is going to require some serious discipline in a few areas. One area is my health. I mean who wants to be wealthy and not healthy enough to enjoy it? So I have started an exercise plan. Another area is putting time into the most important areas first. I guess you can call this prioritizing. Normally, if it doesn't have to deal with money, my priorities are pretty screwed. Like I mentioned before, time into the wrong things. And yet another area that I'm working on is balance. I have very little balance in my life right now. And somehow this makes me feel incomplete. I put passion into everything I do, but passion is always best when you put it into things that mean something and are worthwhile.

So the underlying truth in all this shit is simply more discipline. I hate that word, it makes it seem like alot of work. But it's unavoidable like Atlanta rush hour traffic. I'm just fed up Fam. Things are moving, but they are moving slow. I get one thing together and something else falls apart. Have you ever been through that? Isn't that shit frustrating? Well to change what's around you, you first have to change what's inside of you. So better thinking, better habits, and more commitment from me is the new order of the day.

Anyhow, those are my reflections for the week. I appreciate all those who sat through that. I don't go off on a rant often but I had to get that off my chest, fell me? Ahhhhh! Much better!

Later Fam thanks for checking your huslteman out. And most definently enjoy your labor day, well those of you who don't have to work that is. But hell, enjoy it anyway. Big ups to Bleugod, the goddess, Sexy Shay, Hershey, New York and the A-God.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what you mean. I'm at the point at my life when I feel that I need more discipline. I thought I was pretty disciplined but am now realizing that I definitely have LOT of room for improvement.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home