The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Friday, September 08, 2006

A Day In The Life: Random Thoughts And Ramblings

Family! Hope all is as you want it, or at least on the way to what you want it to be. It's your Hustleman, back again. Let me just say for the record that I love Friday's! It's actually my favorite day of the week. This post should bring you up to speed about what's going on with me so tune in with me for a few.

I recently met one of the dude's who had a hand in the 'Crackheads Gone Wild' video. This video is burning up the streets. Some hate it, others love it. Hell, I even know a few people who make their kids watch it as an educational video. Anyway click here, check it out and if you feel so inclined, show them some love. I'm going to try to see if I can get an interview with those brothers and post it here on the blog. Can you believe that they may have a movie deal in the works? Amazing. Much love to you all and keep doing your thing. I love to hear success stories like that, it keeps me inspired. Back on point...

My day started it off with a call from the god. We have some business together and when he gets everything up and running I'll give you a link to the website. He is working furiously on some educational software. I have checked it out and I must say I'm impressed. Something like this is really needed especially for the inner city youth. Education these days is not what it used to be. So, don't complain do something to change it is the current motto.

After I got dressed I went to go see my suppliers. I rolled on to I-285 listening to Suga Free. That's my new driving soundtrack for this month (big-ups to BossMack for suggesting it). It's nice that my suppliers finally found a spot. It saves a hell of alot time instead of the call them meet them routine. Unfortunately this spot is garbage. They'll be transient again soon. Damn! Oh well, it is what it is. I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I hit their spot up, got what I needed and then headed to my location to grind out some work. Another Hotlanta day for sure. And after 30 mins there I knew what it was going to be. Slow to start, strong to finish. I just had that feeling.

New York was already there when I arrived. We exchanged pleasantries (did I spell that right?) and got on with the work. Slow motion. New York then got a call from one of his boys telling him that he just might have his old spot back. Looked like the heat over there may have died down. He was skeptical but decided to check it out anyway. He left and I ran solo.

When it's slow and I'm solo to keep myself focused I usually people watch and run my mouth to those that know me. I do this to keep from getting bored. If I get bored then I start thinking about kickin' it back at home. Home... where it's quiet and I have air conditioning. Not to mention food. Once those thoughts take over I'm usually on my way back to the house. Needless to say, I try to never get bored. I can't make money sitting at home... yet.

I answered my usual phone calls and set up appointments as necessary. Side note, one thing you will never see a shortage of in Atlanta are beautiful women. Needless to say they were out in force today. I wasn't checking much paper but at least I had some eye candy. If I was more of a flirt then I might have come up with some phone numbers just for the hell of it. But I'm money over bullshit at all times. Besides, I'd never call anyway. I'm married to my grind until my papers right. Plus sneaking around when you have a woman at home just takes you off your grind. It's drama waiting to happen and wasting time is a deadly sin. I'm a holy hustlin' motherfucker, feel me? It's all about focus.

As the crowds begin to come so did the money. I was slowly locking the block down. By the time the evening rolled back in, New York came back. He was focused on getting his daily lotto money as usual. I just laughed, this dude is really committed. I just hope he hits just so he can stop complaining about how broke he's getting. Another good Hustler hustling backwards. It's a damn shame. Side note, he has gone from spending 40 dollars a day on the lotto to 60. I just can't see it. By the time he hits, he'll just be breaking even. That's just my opinion, I may be proved wrong. A new barbeque spot had just opened up and everone was buzzing about how they were putting it down. I took a break and got me some beef ribs (I really need to cut down on my beef intake). This damn rib looked like something out of The Flintstones cartoon. No joke. This thing was huge! Well worth the money and it didn't even slow me down. As my phone continued to ring off the hook the money continued to pour in.

As the day wore on I ran into Mz. Hershey who looked damn sexy. She was rockin' her new hair style and a black dickie outfit. This is one of the only dark-skinned women I know who can rock all black and still look good. Even her lipstick was dark. We chopped up the conversation and eventually she let out that she was just plain frustrated. She just got her new place and a new job but she didn't plan well so she was going broke. She has a mixed dude she messes with that gives her money so she was setting things up with him. Must be nice to be a female in a world full of trick ass men. I told her to be careful and I hope she everything works out for her. Knowing her, she'll be alright in about 2 weeks.

Before this post gets too long let me wrap it up like this. My day was fabulous. It's a beautiful feeling to come home and know you had a successful day. I'm still buzzing off my Hustler's high. The day ran smoothly with no stress. What more can you ask for? The night is warm with a gentle breeze. I'd really love to get out and do something with the nightlife but I still have more grinding to do while here at home so I'm going to get on it.

Thanks fam for sitting through a rambling post, I just wanted to get you up to speed. Anyhow, much love and keep it moving as always. I'll be back at you soon.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like you had a pretty productive day. Good for you for not letting anything take you off your focus. And I'm cracking up at you for saying "a holy hustlin' m-fer" That is the funniest thing I've heard in along time.

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    Peace to the Goddess! Thanks for stopping by as always. I patiently wait for your next post. That wire hanger was classic though! LOL

     
  • At 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like an interesting day. We've got some hot women in New York. How would you compare the one's in Atlanta to the one's here?

    I hadn't really been pushing my music on the blog, but my most recent post kind of led to it. The surprise is how people are responding.

    I usually change the music daily. Check out some of the sounds and let me know what you think.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home