The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

What's Eating Away At The Hustleman?

Peace to all the Family out there. Your Hustleman is still here with you and still grinding in this thing we call "The Game". Something's been eating away at your Hustleman lately. I really can't put a finger on what it is but the results have been short patience and a need to just sleep and have some peace and quiet away from people. All of this became very evident when on Wednesday night I pretty much just blew up. I'm not really an emotional reactive type dude feel me? But all I wanted to do was get some damn sleep.

Wednesday I woke up, did my regular inventory check, decided I had enough stuff to work with for the day so I did just that, took my ass to work (yes, Hustler's call what we do work. We just don't punch a clock) It was slow at first and Big Boy was out and about. After only about an hour, he left and it was just me running solo. I was blessed with abundance.

As the time rolled by to go pick up my girl and get her off to work I realized that a headache was coming on. Probably from lack of rest from the night before. I was trying to get my business studies on that night and finish that up to a certain point. You know, make myself feel like I actually accomplished something. That didn't work. My girl was feeling a little down so we talked for a couple of hours. She eventually went to sleep and I tried to get back to my studies but I ended up just falling asleep.

Anyhow when I got home on Wednesday evening I was just like fuck it. I was tired, I had some good bar-b-que and I didn't feel like going back out to grind. My girl left and I thought to myself finally! I can get in a little study and get some rest in a quiet household. that didn't happen.

Can anyone please tell me if you call someone, and they don't answer after say... 2 or 3 back to back phone calls what you do you assume? 1) They are away from their phone, 2) They are busy or 3) They just dont feel like talking to you. Regardless of the reason, is it a sin to leave a message now-a-days? Cell phone ringing off the hook. House phone ringing off the hook. And who the hell is at my door? WTF! I purposely left all the lights in the house off. It was most likely my neighbor. I'm not coming to the door right now, sorry. I couldn't leave my house phone off (or throw it out the window), it could be an emergency call. But I personally don't get calls at the house anyway. Everyone that calls 9.9 times out of 10 is calling for my girl. If you know her so well, then you know she's at work now, can you call her on her cell phone? Hell, call her on her work phone. She's a manger she won't get in trouble, honest *smirk*. But if you must call the house becuase it's soooooo important can you please just leave a damn message!

I finally start to drift off into the glorious sleep I've wanted so badly for the last 3 hours and then the doorbell rings. Irritation. The doorbel rings again and then again. Then they start knocking. Anger. Then the phone rings! I'm irrate at this point. I answer the phone with an attitude. "Hello! Who is this?". "Hey brah, it's me." was the answer. The voice on the other end was my girls brother. I continued, "I'm trying to get some sleep man, what is it? What do you want? What's up?". A brief moment of silence. "My bad brah, if I knew you were trying to sleep I wouldn't have come by." And my response, "Hold on a second man." I get up, put on some pants and make my way downstairs in the darkness. I finally get to the door and open it. This dude is already back in his car and pulling off. Well, damn!

I make my way back upstairs and layed back down. I had to check myself. Was all that attitude really called for? Plus I know his sister, my girl, let him keep some belongings of his here at the house that he probably needed. But... she also gave him a key (without asking me by the way - that's another story). So couldn't he just have came in and announced who he was? What's the point of having a key if you don't use it? He was probably trying to be respectful and I'm all for it.

After a few minutes of calming myself down out of battle mode, I called the dude back on his cell. No answer. I called him again and left an apologetic message. I even told him that is he needed something out of the house he can come back to get it. He's a hustler too, so I know what it's like when you really need something right at that moment. If you can't get it then you feel like you're wasting time. If he's pissed at me, I understand. We shall see what happens.

Well, is it stress? Lack of proper rest and relaxation? Ahhh, who knows? I just know that when I get in these moods, it makes it hard to work. And worse it's hard to concentrate and focus. So in the meantime, I'm going to catch up on my rest and see if that helps. Much love goes out to "Mr. Wade". Sorry dude, you just have bad timing, it wasn't personal. Later Fam. And please do remember... if they don't answer the phone, it's ok to leave a message. I'll be back at ya.

6 Comments:

  • At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Peace God

    Naw man...no excuses. You wasn't in the mood and what happened; happened.

    Ol boy is grown..he will get over it. We all do. I know how that is when you need that solitude and moment to relax.

    I would have just unplugged the durn phone.

    I know you are back on point now.

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Enigma said…

    If you are an adult and never need time to yourself to think or rest, I want to know what drugs you are on. Seriously.

    Let the folks in your life know you need a moment to chill out/think and get your sleep on.

     
  • At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I understand how you feel. When ever you need some down time and don't want to be disturbed there is ALWAYS something that prevents you from getting the little peace you need.

    Whatever is eating you MUST be contagious, because I've been feeling the same way lately. So if you call and I start going off for no reason, you'll understand. LOL, just kidding!

     
  • At 12:10 AM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    TO THEGOD - I would have unplugged the phone. I really really wanted too LOL. But you never know about the unexpected emergency call. TO ENIGMA - Thanks for checking me out. You have a point, I should have made an announcement that I needed to chill out that night. I suppose I was in too much of a rush to hit that bed. TO THEGODDESS - I sincerely hope you didn't catch my attitudism, and I promise I won't call the house anytime soon LOL

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lack of sleep can do that to you; and don't be hungry on top of that - talk about onery!

    I have voice mail on the phone, so I answer calls when it's appropriate for me. You never want to be blind on a phone call from a customer. By them leaving a message, you can return the call and hit them when you're at YOUR strongest. Plus I tell people to call before they drop by. No surprised visits.

    Am I hiding? No! Am I anti-social? No! I just like doing things that allow me to be in a position of power - just like most hustlers. ;]

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    I hear you Capt. It was all due to a lack of rest on my part. Just alot going on right now between the grind, personal relationships, keeping the blog up, setting up future business, etc. It's all good though, I'm working to make a set schedule. As always, thanks for stopping by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home