The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday Reflection: Supreme Clientele

Greetings Family, as always I hope your overall week was abundant with some of the better things in life. Your Hustleman just came off a good week financially and I even got to ball-out a little (and I do mean a little LOL). That pic above is a strip club called Stroker's. Apologies for the dark pic. The parking lot attendants and security wouldn't let me get any closer. If you've never been to an Atlanta black strip club you're really missing out. Fully nude table dances unlike most States. You can see everything, enough said. Saturday ran somewhat smooth. Did my morning work-out rountine and then on to the morning re-up rountine; getting products from my supplier.

It was another hot day out here and I was greeted at the spot by Jay. Jay is a part-timey Hustler who occasionally comes to the spot on the weekends. He works a regular job during the week. He was tired, I could see it in his face, but I admire his determination.

New York also came out, Hustling for lotto money as per usual. The day was a little slower than a typical Saturday, but abundant none the less. This brings me to the topic of this post. After a back and forth with Mental_Slave on the comments for my Wednesday post, I was reminded of something. A mark of an effective Huslter is his or her clientele base. If you are a true Hustler this means you are extremely customer service based. It's all about the satisfaction of your customers. It's far easier to keep a happy customer than to get a new one. And the best customers are the ones who will come spend with you every week. I have some customers that have been with me for over 3 or 4 years. And a couple for over 5.

Some of the larger "legitimate" companies claim to be about their customers but they're really not. How many of you have experienced bad customer service? It's not they don't care, it's about they don't have time to give their customers one on one attention at all times. One advantage of hustling is the personal one and one interaction with your customers. If something is wrong with a product they know exactly who they bought it from and know exactly who to talk to. It simplifies the sales process. It's like a large circle revolving around a center like the solar system revolves around the sun. The Hustler is the sun, and the customers revolve around him or her. If the Hustler is good, he can shine light on each and everyone and not leave any out. The ones he or she leaves out will recieve no light or heat and will eventually die off. A dead planet if you will. Not the customers fault, it's the Hustlers.

One main goal of a Hustler (and any business period) is the acquisition, satisfaction and retainment of customers. The more regular clients the Hustler has, the more money he or she has and therefore the more new customers he or she will acquire. Word of mouth is the best advertising, even in big business, but a Huslter relies completely on this. Bad word of mouth will destroy a Hustler's reputation long before he can grow a large clientele base. Simple. Back to Saturday...

So as New York, Jay and myself got down to the grind I pushed past them quickly. My clientele base is just larger. People would pass them up to come fuck with me. Jay, having grown up in the area, had a slight advantage because he knows alot of people. New York wasn't seeing hardly any money. I sent him customers the best I could. All the money making was disrupted by a visit from the Fulton County Police Department. Jay was with a customer at his trunk and wasn't paying attention. New York called him twice, I called him too but he didn't hear shit. For me, that was a flashback to the Mike incident. New York and I slowly brached off away from Jay. If he was going down, he'd be doing it alone. Eventually he realized he was being watched, so he closed the trunk and came to where me and New York were. WTF! No worries though. The squad car circled a couple of time and left.

Jay realizing his mistake decided it was best to leave. New York left also for a little while, I stayed in place being very low brow and cautious. I hate working like that but sometimes you have to just keep it moving. It turned out alright, even when New York returned things were lovely.

Now the plan for later that night was to go to a strip club. New York said he was down if his paper was right. I don't go to strip clubs often, but I must admit I can really relax and think in an atmosphere like that. Loud music and all. I can't explain why, I just vibe in the environment.
Also on deck was the lovely Mz. Hershey. She said she was down to go when I mentioned it in a conversation we were having. She used to be a stripper it seems so she is used to the environment also. Even part-timey Jay said he might go when we talked earlier that day.

Rest of the story short... Jay flaked on me, New York flaked on me. Some of my old hustling partners from my early days were good to go. So it was just them, me and Mz. Hershey. We had a damn good time. Some of those stripper ladies were real hustler's. You can always tell the difference. The lazy ones walk around complaining and have a low energy attached to them. They make very little money as a result. The upbeat ones, the ones with the best personalities make the most. Even if they're faking it and are not the most attracive they make more. They understand it's about a fantasy fulfillment. 'The Game' is fair is this regard, it gives everyone an equal oppotunity if you're willing to put in the work. Well that's a wrap on this post. Talk to you again soon Fam. Stay up and make each day the best. Time stops for no one. Peace.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know if you have a Learning Center in Atlanta but you could also make a little change teaching salesmen how to hustle. I was a General Manager in charge of sales for 15 years, and everything you say would be on point for them. You're an entertaining guy that would keep there attention. It's just another hustle. I've done it up here in New York.

    Curious. Do you bring others into the fold so you can compound the results? That's where I'm at now. The time spent training is time consuming but it's worth it once you get them going.

     
  • At 2:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Peace God

    Strokers??? What happened to the east point joint...the name skips my mind.

    Nice to know you still entertain thine self in great recreation. lol

    Time to get this money!!!

    Peace God

     
  • At 3:58 PM, Blogger Disco said…

    First time here by-way-of The God...... loves it.

    Cool blog. Definitely be back....

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    TO THE CAPT- Sounds like a good idea, haven't considered that angle before. The Hustleman a trainer? Sounds interesting. As far as playing Boss and getting others under me, I'm trying to get off the streets onto more legitimate things. Turning other people on when I'm trying to leave may not be the best move. TO THEGOD- I haven't forgotten about Pleaser's. That's still my fav LOL. TO MZ ROBYN- I appreciate you stopping by, I hope to see you around for awhile.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home