The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Late Night Hype Of The Island Persuasion

Greetings to the Blog-Fam! Sorry for the late post but your Hustleman is tired. Had a late night last night. It was my first date in a long while with a very interesting young Lady which I’ll get to in a minute. Hope everyone out there is doing well and preparing for bigger and better things.

My second book which I nicknamed the “Little Book” is done (the pre-release version anyhow) and I will have it up for you all next week. Subscribers of my website, Hustle and Profit.com, and my valued customers have already begun to download their copies. This version of the book is free of charge and any commitment. I’m looking forward to the feedback.

The “work” week went well, I expected it to be a little on the slow side but was pleasantly surprised. You know my Hustle partner New York and I killed them out there! It’s been awhile in the making but we have successfully locked down the area we work in; the street term for this is called “The Spot”. The block being locked down means nobody comes in or out to sell anything that we are selling. Of course we show love to other Hustler’s who have different things to offer but the other part-timey Hustlers have been pushed out. Customers are checking for us and us alone; it’s a beautiful thing.

This brings me to the introduction of Mz Chanel. I met this young lady doing what I do, making money. She was a customer of mine but since there was definitely an attraction there we decided to have some phone conversation to see where each other was at mentally. Although she’s an ATL southern-bell, which I usually don’t find myself attracted to very often due to the difference in mentality; we hit it off just fine and have grown rather close. So… back to the dating scene.

I spent some time over her place a couple of times this week and I met her two children. Her daughter, 14 and her son, 9. When I look at a women with children I like to watch her children. I do this because the way the children behave says alot about the mother. They were respectful to her and to myself and seemed to take to me pretty well, which is cool because they’re good kids. They appreciate their mother and what she is doing for them. But I really picked up on the lack of structure in the household which is due to the fact that their mother Mz Chanel busts her ass at both her jobs to provide for them. How can you knock that?

Being a Hustler is more than just having a business mentality but also a perspective on life. We approach situations differently. We realize that not everything will fall in place and that things have cycles to them; ups and downs, sort of like a rhythm if you will. We experience this everyday in those streets and building a relationship with someone follows those same universal laws. To put it another way, we Hustlers are very opened minded toward possibilities and push toward the positive, on top of that we overstand (stand over, not under) what it’s like to be committed to something even if it’s just an idea.

Saturday was the official date night so the plan was something simple. You know the regular, dinner and a movie. I was so used to seeing Mz Chanel in work clothes or in chill around the house wears, so when I saw her completely put together I was shocked. She was stunning and definitely had her own flavor which I like. That’s a Queen B mentality right there.

First stop was to eat. Since every restaurant within the radius of the movie theatre was packed tight, we went on to IHOP a few miles away. I don’t like being in Clayton county but it’s good to get out of the hood every now and then. We conversed a little bit and enjoyed our meal then off to the movies. Since we both enjoy comedies you know Norbit with Eddie Murphy was what was up. Sad to say I was a little disappointed in the movie, it just wasn’t that funny to me; or to her for that matter. Eddie Griffin and Katt Williams did their thing though playing the role at two pimps. I would have to give the movie 6 dollars and 50 cents out of a possible 10.

By the time we got back to her place it was around midnight and although the date went rather well it lacked a little fun. Now Mz Chanel has that island blood in her and she runs with a Jamaican dance crew here is ATL. They are usually at the Royal Peacock, a Reggae club downtown. Big-ups to the Pop-Off Crew, respect!

I was up for anything at this point and although I’m nowhere near a club dude, I figured what the hell, why not go enjoy myself and watch her enjoy herself in an environment she’s comfortable in? This would also give me further insight into her personality.

She was excited to go, she doesn’t get out much and told me that hearing her music and being around that vibe really lets her unwind and let out alot of stress. She just loves to dance. I was already familiar with the reggae club environment because I used to work at a recording studio that was right next to one, so I knew what to expect. Now, if you’ve never been to a reggae club I need to point out a few things to you. It’s a similar environment to a regular club; music, dancing, a huge smoke filled room and people drunk falling out all over the place.

The difference lies in the fact that the reggae club scene is smaller and more tight-knit, so everyone knows each other, for the most part, so everyone is a lot more laid back and friendly to each other; although not so much so to outsiders. It’s very secular. Also smoking weed is just like smoking a cigarette. No one pays it any mind. Hell, even the DJ smokes as he spins the records. Oh, and a final note, if you ever go don’t forget to bring a lighter with a very tall flame. It’s a show of respect to the DJ and the music he’s playing when you hold it up in the air.

The club was dark. And I do mean dark, it took about 5 minutes for my eyes to adjust. The only light was near the bar and the restrooms. I grabbed a Red Strip beer, lit up a cigarette and chilled at the bar as Mz Chanel made her rounds to see her fellow crew members and the owner. They all look at her as their little sister so when she began to introduce me to her people I could sense that protective vibe coming off of them. Add that to the fact that she usually is solo and I’m “outsider” can lead to some pretty shitty attitudes. Didn’t bother me, I wasn’t there for them.

One thing about Mz Chanel that I do love is her smile, and she was smiling BIG time. That “Hey Koolaid!” type smile. I watched he dance and wind and she eventually pulled me onto the dance floor which threw me off a little because I don’t dance, feel me? And I made that clear to her. But it was like whatever, you have to actually LIVE life to enjoy it right? She pushed me up against a one of the posts on the dance floor and proceeded to dance like that. Although I don’t dance I do have a little something like rhythm so I followed her lead of movement and really didn’t have to do much. Eventually we made our way to the back of the club which more private and we chilled and danced over there. Her people gave her some funny looks as they past by from time to time and I just smirked. You might not like the Hustleman but you have to respect the way I do what I do.

I dropped her back off around 4:30am and by the time I got back home, showed and got in the bed it was around 7am. I had to turn right back around and wake up around 10:30am to call up my suppliers and see if they had an order ready for me which they did so I had to go pick that up. The Hustle never stops… work now, rest when you’re dead.

All around that was the best date I’ve had in a long time and I look forward to seeing where all this will go with her. In the meantime, there’s more work to be done so be good Fam and you know I’ll be back at ya! Peace and stay up.

*** Unparalleled Business Game ~ Home Based and Small Business strategies, techniques and tricks of the trade straight from your Hustleman:

To Learn The Game – Click Here

5 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Enigma said…

    Hey - try Footprints. The club is filled with so much smoke, you can see (ha!) and the scene is a lil' bit more relaxed. I haven't gone in a while, but my sis still goes and tells me it is pretty much the same. Enjoy yourself.

     
  • At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hustleman, it was good to read you on my blog - it has been a while.

    January usually is a slow month for business because we come out of a month (December) that's a monster for retail sales. I'm glad things are picking up for you.

    Other than being in a good long term relationship, there is nothing more fun, to me, than meeting a new interesting lady.

    For a date that was missing a `little fun', you guys sure made a night of it 4:30 AM -not bad! ;]

    The Chronicles still jam. Stay with it my Brother!

     
  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Prophetess said…

    Greetings, Brother!

    I know I haven't been this way in a long time, but here I am!

    Congratulations on your first date. I'm glad it went well.

    I see you're still on your Game; imparting the Knowledge when and where it needs to be imparted.

    That book (The Hustler's Manual) is the bomb. I've missed a lot; I didn't realize there was a second book in the pipeline. Keep on doing it, Brother, because you're doing good.

    Take care, okay.

     
  • At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a long night; at least you had a fun time. I haven't been out on a date that kept me out so late in a long damn time.

    I hope Ms Chanel is the one.

    You are right about one thing though; you can tell alot about a woman by the way her kids behave. Kids these days can give parents real hell.

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @The God - As alwyas bro the truth is the truth. Fear not, the aim is clear and you know I never waste time, at least intentionally

    @Mz Enigma - Footprints eh? I might have to check that out. Mz Chanel said it's in the Dec which I haven't been too in about a year. I'm a South West dude all day. Would be nice for a change of pace though; thanks for the info.

    @The Capt - Capt! Thanks for stopping by brother. Actually the fun didn't really start until we got to the club. I'm nocturnal by nature but I can't see how people go out every weekend two or three times a night. All good though, to each his or her own I guess.

    @Mz JoJo - Greetings Mz JoJo! Good to see you around. Yea I'm back dating again, well more like phone screening then going out on a date if I think we'll have a good time. I did have fun so hopefully there will be more with her. I'm glad you enjoyed "The Hustler's Manual", please check out the new book when you get some time.

    @Mz Sherls - Yes, yes, yes! Kids just don't seem to be as respectful and disciplined as they were when we were growing up. Then again the family structure just isn't there. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by, I'll be headed to your blog as soon as time permits.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home