The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday Reflection: Now, Not Then

Peace and blessings Family! Sorry about the late Sunday Reflection. I've been so busy grindng, writing and researching for my next business move that I honestly had to really take a break and let my mind relax a bit. This past week has been very good. I must say that I'm not stressed just blessed. I was able to spend some time with my "sorta" god daughter little Kayla today. She always brings a smile to my face. And I also stopped through to check out the god and the goddess. It's nice to know that things with them are getting back on track. Back on topic...

I'm a people watcher so when I see these people walking around like they're dead (the living dead) it makes me think back to my days of frustration and semi-depression. You know those days when it seemed as though things would never get better so you had better just settle in and get comfortable. It's been said that pressure busts pipes. I've felt pressure, but I've never busted. Certain people are built for certain things (or can build themselves for certain things), my thing is making complicated things as simple as possible. I hate complication more than I hate drama.

People spend the majority of their day "in their heads". And this is a scary place to be for some of us. We all think about our fears and insecurities, what we don't have and what we can't do. Then there are optimistic people who try to focus on the positive. What they are trying to go, what type of person they want to be, achieving their goals and just enjoying life. But with all this "thinking" comes a price, you miss the oh so important moment of "now". Don't misread me, everyone should have goals and alot can be said for the power of positive thinking, but if you constantly think about the past, or focus so much on your future, then what the hell are you doing now?

Steve Harvey put it like this. The past belongs to history, the future belongs to the Heavenly Father, but the gift you have now, is called the present. So will you open your gift?

All of us fall in the time trap. We live in a world where everything is fast fast fast. People want results and people want them now. But when it comes to your life, and just enjoying it, we don't pay attention to our now because we are off to something else. When was the last time you actually watched a sunset or sunrise? When was the last time you we're with your special someone and just sat in silence to ejoying each other company? When was the last time you just stopped and gave yourself a moment to think? And I'm not talking about thinking about your bills and problems (or other peoples problems), I'm talking about thinking about the moment? How blessed you are to be able to breathe and having a place to lay your head at night. Even if it's not the best.

Don't be a victim of a get it "now" society. Wanting everything (material things) "now" but losing your personal now. Make your personal now all that you can make it. Give gratitude where it's due and let the people you love know that you love them. They may not be here tomorrow, so do it now.

I've been in some fucked up situations in my life and I'm very thankful for where I'm at now. As I work to make my future better I try to stop at least once a day and enjoy the now, and check myself to make sure I'm making the most of every moment. If you can constantly make the most of every moment you will reap the rewards of a fulfilling and beautiful life.

Just wanted to share that with you Fam. Many of the females I've been with in my past called me complicated because I think like this but also thrive in the depressed backdrop that is the city streets. I just used to say, I'm not complicated at all. I'm a simple dude. It's not what's going on around you that makes you who you are. It's what's going on inside and how you deal with what's going on around you that makes you who you are. Feel me? Anyhow be well Fam and take care until next time.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Disco said…

    Shai, I love the way you think. More people need to listen and learn.....being quiet in the "now".....that's just part of it......

    Peace.

     
  • At 4:29 PM, Blogger Prophetess said…

    Hustleman, I feel you on this. I don't have time to get caught up in the "here and now" of hustling. Right now, I'm working on a long term investment that my years of hustling the streets taught me to prepare myself for. You have to look forward to the long term. That's the number one rule I've have taught to me. And I believe in it.

    I've learned all sorts of Hustling game because I've had some of the best hustlers in the world impart their knowledge off to me. I aimed to be a good student. Keep spitting knowledge, Hustleman; I'm listening to you...

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Mz Robyn - Yea you're right. So many people think they have it all figured out. I used to be one of those people. It's amazing to realize how much you really don't know. And it's sad, common sense isn't even common anymore. Eh... I guess peoples values change generation to generation.

    @ Jojo - Thanks for stopping by. I agree you have to prepare for the long term (which I'm working on now). In fact I've learned that lesson the hard way and by looking at old failed hustlers. They never prepared for the future. I respect your focus and I know it will pay off for you. My focus right now is taking what I know and bringing it to another level but at the same time enjoying what I already have here in front of me. Peace!

     
  • At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    droppin jewels like a sloppy thief. You know I love the sciences.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can ALWAYS count on you for enlightenment. Great post!

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Excellent, my Brother! It's remarkable how much we think alike. I live in the moment, letting the future take care of itself.

    John Lennon said, LIFE IS WHAT HAPPENS WHILE YOU'RE MAKING OTHER PLANS. So I let life happen while following my passions. I've been a happy man ever since.

    Keep droppin' it!

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Shai,
    I think your smarter that most! I am at a point in my life where I trying to stop and smell the roses.

    I have always been a planner. I save and save and still save more for a future that may never come. I will try harded to live life now and enjoy the present GOD has given me today.

    Thanks for the words. As always, great post.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ the god and the goddess - Always a blessing to have you all here. thanks for good words. And thanks for the jewels and the building god. Much love.

    @ The Capt - Agreed, following your passion is a must. It's sad many people, especially our people, don't do it. But I understand, if you have your back to the wall you have to fight your way out sometimes.

    @ Mental - Oh, it's you again! Just playin'. I'm a plan type person myself so I feel you on that. But like Capt said, life is happening so plan ahead but enjoy the present. Thanks for coming through as always.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home