The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

All Good Things Must...

Greeting Fam! It's your Hustleman once again on the grind. It was kind of dreary and overcast today, but it was hot as hell. Most definitely the humidity. The sun even made a couple of quick appearances. I had a picture for today's post, but since Blogger is fucking with me as usual, it won't let me upload any images right now, I'll have to do this without one. Things are looking up on the hustle tip, but there has been a great loss to the team. The 16th of this month (technically the 11th) was the 2 year anniversary of my girl and I. Now before you start cheering and carrying on let me explain something to you.

This 2 year mark also was a time of reflection, you know, a review of the relationship up to this point. Since my lady has been in a state of self-awareness and growth it was only natural that she would finally decide what makes her happy and what she really wants out of life; and that doesn't include a relationship with me, fair enough.

The overall decision wasn't completely one-sided, I felt things had reached their height between us too. If the relationship isn't going anywhere, and there's nothing to hold on to, then why hold on?

Last night was the night we agreed to celebrate and we were out to do just that. A nice stop at Red Lobster (I love that seafood), and then a movie. A simple night out, nothing extravagant, alot of my money is going to get my new business up and running so I was ballin' on a budget, feel me?

After dinner it was time for the movie, since we couldn't find the movie we wanted to see because the theatre we went to seems to not be able to keep up with the movie game, we made our way back to the hood to hit up Magic Johnson Theatres. And it was on that ride that we both realized that this just wasn't working.

We talked in depth about where we should go now. Which is one reason I have love for my lady *cough* ex-lady, she doesn't live in the past too much, she likes to deal with now and the future.

Now there is no hard feelings, or even hurt feelings over this matter which is all good. We both just had to come to terms with the reality of the situation. We still agreed to have each others back and since we have always gotten along so well together we're trying to keep the friendship alive. To be real, the friendship was probably the strongest aspect of our relationship, which is how it should be.

I'll admit, it feels a little odd being a single man again after 2 years (again, oddly this was my longest relationship), but it is what it is. You know your Hustleman will keep it moving and keep it simple in the process.

Break ups can be rough but if you're both on some grown-up shit, things usually have a way of working out in the post relationship. So back to the grind and more focus on doing what I do. Back to the basics.

So what's up with the dating scene in the future? Hmm, you might have to miss me on that one for a minute. The dating scene is a trip and requires alot of time and patience. Patience I have if I don't feel like my time is being wasted, but it's alot of time I don't have to spare. That being said, I feel that everyday of this past 2 year was worth it. The good times far exceed the bad. If I had to do it again, then no problem. In the end her and I are just on seperate pages. But that's life isn't it? We all learn and grow and make decisions, it just so happens not everyone is headed in the same direction at the same time as youself.

And that's what's up Family. As always, much love to you all and thanks for stopping by. I'll do my best to return to you before Sunday Reflection but the grind is on me something serious right now. So until next time, peace! Keep it moving and keep it simple. Tomorrow is always a new day.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Trish - Peace! Thanks for coming through! Yeah that appears to be the conventional wisdom. If it's meant to be it will be. A fellow "A" sista that's what's up! Blogland, as I'm fnding out is HUGE, I missed you in the mix too. No worries though. Much love.

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just wanted to say thank you for the past 2 years. I think you said it best when you said that our relationship was founded on friendship (paraphrase). In the end, I think that my problem wasn't ever you. I wanted you to make me feel the way I should have made myself feel. Life sure is funny ain't it? What you think you want isn't always what makes you happy and you find your self lost. Lost because you feel like well if this is what I want, then why am I not happy? On my journey of self awareness, I realized that what I thought I wanted wasn't what I wanted but what I was told I needed. So here I am, on the way to a better me and your not my man. How did this happen? But like a very smart man posted, I have to be the original, not a carbon copy of myself (thegod). I have to get back to the basics of me. And when my journey ends, you will still be here for me to lean on and I will be here for you. So our man/woman relationship may be over, but our relationship will never end.

    I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Prophetess said…

    Brother, I pray the best and highest for both of you.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Travel the ptah of the least resistance. What is to happen...happens.

    Let me bring you up with this slice of truth from personal experience...If you two are serious about walking away stay away. Don't re-cycle what you had. The energy, time, and good things were appropriate for that time it is not for whom you are growing into.

    If you are going to be friends then be friends. This is for both of yall...because believe(for lack of a better word) me; recycling through an old relationship kills how you relate.

    I know it is a hard time, you are probably crying inside (lol) I have to fuck with ya...cuz yall fucked with me. Don't slush out, stand strong on your square and grow to a place where you want to be.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Shai said…

    Hey H. Shai, how do you pronounce Shai? My name is Shai rhymes with hay.

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Hustle!

    Glad to hear that things ended on a good note and that you are both able to remain friends. As always, I wish you both well and happiness in future relationships.

     
  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Mental - I love you too girl, don't ever doubt it. Stay on your path and in time you will find what you're looking for. It can't happen any other way.

    @ Mz JoJo - Thanks for the prayer and best wishes. Much appreciated

    @ the god - Alwyas glad to hear that truth. And I did forget, we did fuck with you lmao! All good though, what's done is done and I'm happy that Mental is getting her mind and soul right. We all do sooner or later.

    @ Shai - Thanks for stopping by! My name is pronounced a bit different. Shy. Hope to see you around.

    @ the goddess - Thanks for the words. Yeah, everything between us is still all good. We never had major issues in our relationship, so there's no need to start now. Peace sista!

     
  • At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's always good to end on a good note... Folks often forget that they were with the person for a reason and there is no need to go out on the hate tip....A few months back, I wrote about how folks go out swinging and it only makes them look bad. Good job going out the right way.

    http://www.mznewagenda.blog-city.com/i_cant_stand_my_ex.htm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home