The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Friday, October 06, 2006

A Fools Error

Peace Fam what's up with ya? The pic above is one of your Hustleman's favorite Jamaican eating places. It's in College Park on Old National Highway. New York knows damn near everybody so we stepped through tonight to check out a few of his people. The day itself was fabulous. It started out a little rough because I left from the house late whch means I almost missed my connect to get my merchandise for the day. Luckily I caught him just as I was leaving the area, if not, then I would have wasted about an hour just to catch back up with this dude later today. In anything dealing with business, time is money and I don't like to waste it.

The vibe was laid back today, I can't quite put it into words but it was one of those days where you just felt good. Alot of my regular clientele came through to show love and I had to leave to pick New York up and bring him to the spot. His boy ran his Chevy Caprice into the ground so New York is without his transportation. It's all good though, he's a stand up type dude so I have no problem looking out for him. We talked about his lotto gambling habit (now up to about $100 a day if I hadn't mentioned it already), and how he's hustling backwards. He knew I spoke the truth but he's not ready to hear it just yet. He's claims this is his month to "hit" so he's focused on that big time, no surprise there.

The day ran smooth, money flowed and we did the regular bullshitting about life, females, money and business. Coming through was also one of the local crackheads. Let's just call him Mel. He's a crackhead but he's not the normal type, feel me? This dude hustles. He washes cars, clean floors in stores around the neighborhood and is generally a good person. I don't kick it around him much because one, he's a crackhead and two, he's a thief. He steals from stores in the area and sells to the public for a low price. As far as I know he's never stole from anybody personally so I'm cool with him, but not that cool. He used to help Mike the Hustler out (remember him?) ... speaking of which, I haven't seen Mike all week... anyway he came at your Hustleman today in need of a little cash. Now, he doesn't beg for his money he likes to work for it, so as hesitant as I was I thought I would help him out. I threw him some merchandise and told him what I needed back money wise and he could keep the rest of the profit.

New York and I were in grind mode big time and that's when I got the word, someone was arrested inside the nearby grocery store. New York was quick with the analysis. "Yo, you seen your man?", I thought for a second and asked for clarification, "Who?" I asked. New York was asking about Mel. I thought for a second and flashed back to the last time I saw him, he was at the grocery store parking lot. Why would he go into the grocery store? He's literally banned from stepping a foot in the door. His reputation in that store is that of a thief, what sense would that make?

Now let's pause here. Knowing who and what this dude is you would think I would have thought a little harder about the situation before I set him up with merchandise to sell. But I couldn't come up with a reason to justify me not helping him. I mean seriously, everyone knows him and has respect for him. He's never stressed me about anything so why not help him out? It was a win - win deal looking at it business wise. And from another perspective you would probably say I'm supporting his habit by lettting him make money to feed it, and yes, I considered that too.

I shook my head and figured it was time for a little investigation. I walked into the grocery store and talked to one of the managers. And she confirmed what I already knew to be true. Damn! Why the hell would he come into the store? That was just... well, stupid. And there was nothing I could do. I don't give a damn about the merchandise I lost, but I felt bad because I don't like seeing any of my people locked up.

Sure enough after about an hour Fulton County PD came for him and New York and I just looked at each other. Wow, you have to charge that one to the game. And the game doesn't stop so we just kept grinding until there was hardly anymore foot traffic. After the grind I drove New York to Jamaica Jamaica so he could talk to his people, then on to his weed man and dropped him at home. A few phone calls came through for your Hustleman... still more work to do.

All in all it was another great Friday and hopefully Mel will be out and about by Tuesday if he didn't steal anything, so that's all good. Amazing... what the hell happened to common sense? One error in judgement and your whole day, week or life can change. I took mental notes and learned a lesson even if Mel didn't.

Much love Fam. Stay up, enjoy your weekend safely and I'll be back at your for Sunday Reflection. Peace!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep staying busy my Man, especially with the holidays coming up quick. Between now and New Years this is my hottest time of the year.

    Besides my original music, I have software that is music responsive and creates wild images in response to the sounds. I'm going into the clubs as a producer/dj and run these music/video shows as a specialty item. The equipment I need I'll be hiring so all I have to do is come in with my laptop.

    Want to get some of my soundz down to you, see if it's something you can move.

    I'll be back for my tales from the streets ;]

     
  • At 3:00 AM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ the capt - Peace Capt. thanks for stopping by. I know you're on your grind and I'm glad to hear things are moving for you. I love to hear about my people advancing. And most definently send me some of your sounds, I have some connections down hear that just may be able to help you out.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crackheads hanging with a Hustleman God. Did hell freeze over?

    Yeah man...you can't have sympathy for these cats man...empathy yes...sympathy no. You know kindness in them streets is a sign for weakness. Keep the kindness for your fam and close peeps...everybody else gets face value.

    I don't have to tell you this though..because we walked down the same freakin' streets. Old Nat L huh? Man I am wanting some Gladys Knights real bad right about now.

    I went to Mental Slaves blog...I am proud to see you show the great slushy side for her...you are a good dud and an oak.

    Be kewl Bro...Peace!!!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ the god - Peace to the god! Kindness to the crackhead... not exactly. More of a repect thing. He's respected, I'm respected why not help him out? Glad to see things are balancing with you hopefully you can get things moving forward from here.

     
  • At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there! Glad to read that things have been productive.

    As far as "A fools error," We all have a lapse in judgement occasionally. As long as it doesn't become habit you're cool; and knowing you I doubt that it would.

    Hope you are having a relaxing Sunday. You really deserve it!

     
  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Prophetess said…

    Charge it; charge it to the game. We've all been there once or twice before. Now, we know better...

    Keep it tight, Brother. Alright? Alright...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home