The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday Reflection: The Collection Of Hateration

How goes it Family! As life rushes past us, I hope you're enjoying every moment that you possibly can. Now me, myself, I'm doing good. It's another Sunday, so I'm doing my best to relax and recharge although there is always work to be done, feel me? It was one of my "sorta" god daughters Birthdays yesterday and I kind of feel bad that I had to miss her party. It's small things like this which make me realize that the grind is real, almost addictive in a way. I enjoy what I do and I have responsibilities to take care of so I had to take care of that. It's amazing how, at times, your business can run you instead of the other way around.

A quick update from Friday's post. Mel is out and about! I saw him yesterday at my spot and he was talking much trash. I didn't expect to see him until next week, but the charge he got was such bullshit they let him go the next morning. According to his side of the story, he never walked into the grocery store but was forced to go in when an undercover came from behind him and pointed him out to the new store manager, a black woman, who agreed that he was definently criminal trespassing. His view was that he and the new manager woman never even had a conversation. She's never said anything to him about anything so why the hell fuck with him for no apparent reason just out of the blue? True or not true I don't know, but it does seem as though there is an unseen force of haters trying to maneuver things. Which brings me to the topic of this post.

Now your Hustleman has always had to deal with haters. I collect them like Jordan collected championship rings. They come in all shapes, sizes and colors but they all share a common thread. They just don't like me for whatever reason and I know they silently wish for my down fall. Now, I don't floss diamonds, I rarely put on my crisp new gear unless I'm going out for a night on the town, the vehicle I ride in is definently not an escalade or anything in that price range, so I came to the conclusion that they can't hate on me for the way I look or my material possessions (cause I only floss on my off days). They hate me, what I do and what I represent.

Hustlers like myself live in a world just under yours. The underworld as they call it. We have our own rules, laws and regulations that your average person won't take the time to understand. We don't live into the ideals of what's normal and accepted. We don't work like they work, we don't play like they play, we don't stress about what they stress about. We're really free spirits, mainly because we have a control over our life that the normal (square) people don't have or are afraid to get. To make it simple, Huslters are proactive, the squares are reactive. We make things happen so we can make moves. They wait for things to happen and then decide what move to make. They honestly feel that because of this mentality that they are right and we are wrong. And we feel the same way, we're right and they're wrong. I guess it's that Ying Yang thing, two opposite forces and one force always has to be stronger sooner or later.

I like to look at it like the movie "The Matrix". The haters are the agents who work for the system. You never know quite who they are, but they can come at you at anytime so you have to make your moves and keep in mind that they're out there somewhere.

Now it seems that the same plain clothes undercover cop that got Mel in a twist has a hard-on for your Hustleman and New York. I say hard-on because he wants to fuck us, feel me? I've never seen or spoke to this dude, ever. But it seems he just doesn't like what we do. Mel told me about this dudes intentions because he overheard a conversation undercover was having with the Fulton County officer when they came for him Friday. I just shook my head and mentally formulated a plan of action. Haters like this can be a thorn in your side, so I need to confront him, before he confronts me. Normally I let haters just do what they do, but when it comes to haters in law enforcement, sometimes you need to talk to them straight up and see just what the hell their problem is. Funny thing about all this is that if he could have done anything, he would have done it already and since that grocery store is part over my overall territory, I know damn near everyone in there and around there. With a couple questions and a phone call I know what this dude looks like, his work schedule and I have one of the employees inside the store watching him for me. It pays to show love to the people.

I hate drama, especially drama in my spot and drama that will effect my wallet, but I don't run from it either. All of this is a constant reminder to me that it's about time for your Hustleman to elevate off this street level game. Hell, I even have crackheads hating on me, what the fuck is up with that? But it's all good, I keep it moving. People only hate on you when they see you doing something or looking like something special. To have a few haters in your life is a sign that you're actually doing pretty well (or at least look like it). No one has ever accomplished anything great without gathering haters along the way. It is what it is. Anyhow thanks for stopping by Fam as always and remember, the haters are watching so let them do their job. Dodge them and get yours. Peace!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hustleman, you make some excellent observations about hustling. But some of the rough edges you talk about can be smooth out by using the telephone and changing your market to those who are in the commercial business.

    You get two things working for you: 1) you move more product at a higher price than you charge folks off the street; 2) safety from the forces either police or street hoods.

    The phone and commercial businesses is your ticket to the next level. Solid piece!!

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @The Capt - Always glad to hear from you brother! And you make some excellent points. My hustle is largely phone based but the spot is necessary right now. There's just no way around it that I can see now. Also I agree with moving into commercial businesses, because that's how I started, but the time factor is the issue. It's difficult to work around other peoples schedules and still make quota in the time I have per day. But I'm glad you brought that up because It's quite possible for me to divide my time between both. Definently some food for thought. Much love!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Prophetess said…

    I can't do nothing BUT get mines! Brother, you make some very excellent observations. I dig very well this knowledge coming forth.

    If you need to up your A game, then by all means, adjust accordingly. You don't need another's permission. Even crackheads can be haters; cause like you said, "they come in all shapes, forms, sizes, colors, etc..."

     
  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Mz JoJo - As always, thanks for stopping through! To quote the rapper Krs-One, yeah it's kind of like the biblical story of Jesus and Judas. For every Jesus there must be a Judas somewhere. It's all good though, the game is what it is.

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fulton County got enough problems...he's just trying to make a name for himself....keep your head up...but under the radar...ya feel me?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home