The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday Reflection: Back To Simplicity

Family what's good with ya? It's your Hustleman back for another Sunday Reflection. For my new readers this is my official off day of the week. I try not to do anything major. Just catch up on a few things, especially rest and relaxation. Facing burn out syndrome over the past week or so I've decided to ease up a bit on things but I'm still here with you. The weekend was uneventful, which was good. I'm just trying to conserve energy right now and stay focused. Overall this week went by so fast, I looked up and it was Saturday! Anyhow, how did your week go? As usual, I hope all is well with you.

After a conversations with Mz Nici Nicole on my burn out feelings, she actually helped me to remember how many hats I wear per day. I mean seriously we all do. In one day we can be employees, managers, bosses, parents, friends, wife or husband, girlfriend or boyfriend, students, teachers, counselors, daughters or sons, and so on and so on... you get my point.

The reason this is so interesting to me, as it has always been, is because alot of people switch roles (or hats) in their life and don't give it a second thought. When I began hustling I made it a point to create a new role for myself. One dedicated to making a profit. Often times though I do forget to take this hat off so to speak.

I mean seriously, I encompass so many roles throughout my day that I'm beginning to realize that I have broken one of my own rules. It's amazing how someone can help you realize something you've overlooked isn't it? That broken rule is to keep things simple. I'm doing a little too much and that within itself isn't the problem. I have plenty of time to do everything I need to do, but I haven't kept all the things I do simple. I'm pretty sure some of you out there have this same problem. Life is in fast forward and we are always playing catch up.

So what am I going to do about it? Well first I'm going to look at what needs adjusting (which will probably be everything), and then set about to streamline what I do, when I do it and how I do it. Sounds easy, but often times easy things aren't, feel me? Our time is a tool and a great equalizer. Everyone has the same amount given per day. And how we use it determines where we'll end up and what we'll become.

Anyone who knows me, knows I hate wasting time. So thanks to this wisdom that's been found again I can get myself back on track and possibly prevent fututre burn out effects. I'm telling you Fam, just to sit back with a pen and paper and track how you spend your time will shock the hell out of you. And if you're a person that's constantly in motion like myself, you'll realize that you spend more time doing the least important things. I'm not sure how this happens but it's life gone wild, it's out of order so I'm making the necessary adjustments.

In the meantime, the roles we all play in life should also be paid attention too. Are you stuck in a role that isn't adding to the value of your life? Or perhaps you spend a little too much time in a role when other things in your life need a little attention too? I honestly accept that many relationships and marriages deteriorate or end because of this reason. Little attention into the relationship role and more into everything else. Just an observation, leave a comment and let me know what you think about the subject. I'm curious.

So Fam, life is truly a great teacher, if you're a good student. Your Hustleman is still learning and growing as we all are. And all in all, it's a beautiful thing. Much love Fam keep it moving and keep it simple. That's my new motto. Be back with you all soon.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OKAY, THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD NOT LEAVE A COMMENT ABOUT TODAYS POST:)FIRST OF ALL--IT WAS AS ARE ALL POSTS VERY GOOD READING. AND LIKE YOUR NEW MOTTO: IM GONNA KEEP IT MOVIN AND KEEP IT SIMPLE. IN OUR DAY TO DAY LIVES WE DO WEAR MANY "HATS" BUT THERE COMES A POINT WHERE UNLESS WE TAKE OFF ALL "HATS" WE WILL BURN OUT AND COULD POSSIBLY FORGET WHO WE ARE. THE KEY IS TO ONLY "WEAR" THE HAT NOT "BECOME" THE HAT. MY SUGGESTION TO YOU BEFORE YOU FIZZLE OUT---PICK A DAY AND TAKE OFF ALL YOUR HATS. CONCENTRATE ON YOU. THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT AND I WILL HOLLA AT U LATER.

     
  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Mz Nici - Wow, you finaly left a comment! Thanks for showing some love LOL. Jus playin'... always glad to know that you stop through though. You make a good point, everyone needs some "me" time which I admit I do take, but end up doing something else which takes up my full attention. It funny because when I was younger I was much lazier now that I'm older and pushing my game up it's like I feel guilty for not staying in some form of my grind. I can't rest until I reach my goal but I refuse to burn out in the process. And it's also true that some people do lose themselves in all their life roles. It's a sad state and one that some people never learn how to avoid. Peace and blessings!

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger Prophetess said…

    I'm trying to narrow my roles down to just one major one that I play. I've been playing so many roles for so long now, until I really don't know where one ends and the others begin. But I'm working on it and getting mentally and emotionally stronger everyday.

    I don't let nobody take my joy or my sunshine...

     
  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Mz JoJo - I hear you on that. The roles do seem to blend together from time to time. It takes some concentration and solid effort, but anrrowing those roles down is definitely possible. Stay up sista.

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man! It's amazing how everytime I read you blog, without fail, you have me looking at some of the things I do in a new light. Great post!

     
  • At 5:44 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ the goddess - Always glad you stop by. It's a blessing to know that I'm not the only one going through what I go through. I tell you, this blog thing is therapy. It's good to let out your thoughts and have other people let you know that you're not alone, and you're not insane :P Just playin'. But on the real, it's good to know my people feel me and are going through similar things. Peace!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home