The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Friday Night Drama And Bullshit

If you all don’t know then let me tell you, I absolutely love Friday’s! Most of the time there’s a certain energy in the air, everyone is a little bit more relaxed and of course on the business tip, money flows pretty damn good.

This Friday started like any other one. Woke up, my mental clock starts to tick making sure I’m not only on time, but that I am thoroughly prepared to do business and have what my customers need. I hit up my supplier and make way to my spot to set up for the day. Surprisingly New York wasn’t there but knowing him I figured he was caught up with something. I’m proud of the dude, he used his lotto winnings pretty wisely (for the most part) and is setting himself up to make bigger moves and do bigger things. I give him about 4-6 months and he’ll be what we call “Boss” status. He’ll have his crew of workers and that’ll be a wrap.

So here I am running solo and I could already tell this day was going to start slow. I stayed down and patiently waited for the clouds to break so to speak. Hustling requires patience and focus. Sometimes slow money becomes fast money in a matter of minutes. You have to be prepared to step up your game when it does, follow me? You can’t afford to be unfocused when you’re surrounded by a group of people asking 20 questions and having their money out. Our job: Make sure everyone is satisfied. Bottom line. Simple.

I get a text message from one of my homegirls that she’s coming to the spot to check out your Hustleman. By this time business is in full swing and like clockwork, New York shows up so we lock the block down. My homegirl shows up about 2 hours later and lets just call her Mz Ree shall we? Now Ree is a fairly sexy female, bangin’ body and good personality. Oddly enough we share the same birthday so we get along very well.

I finish up and she tells me dinner is on her for the night. Good deal. She was stressed at the fact that her man, now ex-man, will just not leave her alone. And also he won’t return her shit that she has at his apartment. Her request; just drop the stuff off at her house and let things be. His point of view; not going to happen. My thoughts; this is a powder keg about to blow up. I didn’t know how right I would be.

Now unfortunately I have to give you all the watered down version. Mainly because this incident could turn into some major bullshit and have some legal ramifications. Stay with me though.

So we have dinner then head to Okiah’s off of Highway 29 for some drinks. Now I’m not a drinker but I don’t mind a beer every now and then, so I’m with it. The place is a small bar but it’s the people that make it what it is. It’s just one of those places where you can just have a good time and chill out without worrying about too much drama.

We laugh, joke and just settle into the mellow atmosphere. All the while her ex is blowing up her cell phone and she’s beginning to sound like a broken record. “I’m not arguing with you, just take my shit to my house!” and then click, she hangs up the phone. 5 seconds later, the call comes through again. This goes on for about 30 minutes. Now, there must have been something I missed because she got more and more irate and since dude wanted to know where she was at she finally told him. Dude was on his way. She asked me to leave because she didn’t want me involved, but hell, it’s not my situation and I can’t just leave my homegirl alone to deal with this asshole. I relax back in the booth. He shows up outside and she goes out to talk to him.

Fast forward… So here it is about 2:30am. I’m sitting in a hotel room with Ree who is coming to terms with a sad reality. This man hit her, square in the jaw and went straight bitch and pulled out some of her hair. I’m doing my best to remain neutral but shit like this pisses me off. I wasn’t there when it happened but I saw the results. By the time I found out what went down, dude was gone. The owner and security asked him to leave. But he did his damage away from prying eyes like the bitch he is. What kind of thug is he and what part of the Game is this? Dude needs a reality check. And to my disappointment she didn’t call the police on dude for reasons I understand; but he still crossed a line.

I help her ice her lip and jaw up and give her some real talk. She’s better than this dude and the shit he pulls is unacceptable. He does this because he feels he can and she lets him get away with it. I’m not saying she doesn’t fight back, but the situation should have never gotten that far. She needs to make a decision and it’s one I can’t make for her, feel me? Needless to say if and when her family and brothers find out it’s street justice more than likely. I’ll just leave it at that.

The mood in the room eases up and we lay in the bed. I hold her to console her and we drift off to sleep. She didn’t want to be at home so what could I do?

The morning comes and we leave before check out. I dropped her off at her house and refocused my mind on work. My mental clock started to tick again and behind all of that I wondered if Ree learned a lesson from this. Time will tell; but I won’t have her back if she chooses to continue to mess with this sorry nigga. It is what it is. My Saturday went lovely and I just wonder what drama is on my horizon next. Much love Fam.

*** Unparalleled Business Game ~ Home Based and Small Business strategies, techniques and tricks of the trade straight from your Hustleman:

Hustle And Profit.com

13 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just wanted to say I like the way that you keep it real with your writing and your business. Keep up the good work . I thank you for writing your blog because I truly enjoy it. Have a great Holiday

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Blogger Shai said…

    Wow, god aren't you judgmental not all women stay around and become punching bags.

    Men and women are different. Yet, the same some men hold on to abusive relationships as so women. Emotional ties are hard to let go or even explain. No I am not defending her. Just remember you are using logic which men tend to lean on and women tend to lean on emotion. NO one is better than the other. It is about discerning which on to lean on.

    I watched a man stay with a woman for over 13 years knowing she hated his child, knowing she caused drama when ever she was around his family, knowing she mistreated 3 of his relatives who were kids when they stayed with them.

    Men stay in bad relationships too.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger Enigma said…

    Thank you for staying to take care of her. It seems that she was trying to make a break and he pro'lly promised to move on, he just had a lil' something he had to say and get off his chest face to face. She pro'lly thought she was womaning up and getting the last vestiges of the relationship over with, let him have his say and move on. What he did was foul. If someone wants out of your life, you let them go. You cannot MAKE someone stay. It is a shame that women and men get caught up in crazy drama because someone can not accept that someone does not want them around. I hope your friend is ok.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Domestic violence is a VERY SERIOUS thing. It's best that you steer clear because no telling what her Ex may flip out and do; he already proved to be a nut. It wasn't a smart move for her to tell him where she was, and I'm not going to go into the pattens of women and their abusers because that's a blog entry in its self. All I can say is, I hope for her sake she stays away from him and she would be wise to go and get a restraining order. I'd hate to be reading about her in the news. Dude is a lunatic.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Anon - Thanks for commenting and taking your time with me. It's nice to know my words are appreciated and actually READ! LOL Thank you and enjoy your holiday also.

    @ the god - Oh, you get that feeling too? No worries Bro I'm far from a captain save a hoe, I'm prepared to cut ties at anytime although truthfully that would hurt a little; that's my homegirl for real. Her drama's just that, her drama. I'm in a different lane.

    @ Mz Shai - Well said! I see men stay in bad relationships all the time. Hell, when I was younger I was guilty of that myself. Staying in relationships with sub-standard women. Sooner or later though you have to wake up, I just hope she does before it's light out, feel me?

    @ Enigma - As far as I know she's doing alright. I haven't spoken with her since Saturday and I won't until she feels she wants to holla at me. You have to understand the mentality of this dude which is why I have always urged her to get away from him. If she doesn't, it will only get worse. He is NOT letting her go without a fight. She should have cut it off when she had the opportunity months ago... blind love is a bitch.

    @ the goddess - Yes that pattern of woman and male abuser is deep! And not being a woman I can't say I truly overstand it. She gave up the location of where she was at out of emotion and anger. I think she wanted to prove something; unfortunatly his actions spoke louder than hers. She was truly emotionally hurt and shocked but my instincts tell me this is not over yet...

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To thegod I have never been in a realationship where i was hit and let me tell you I will NEVER stay with anyone who even dreams of doing it.
    Now to James, I just want to let you know that I love you and all You represent, BUT you have to let that drama go. I know you and how you feel about men who hit women. It's too easy to bring her drama to your own life. I know you know that you and I are on the same page when it comes to drama. We both go the opposite direction. So take my advice and leave her alone. Just as thegod said, she is with that same guy right now. I just don't want to see you in some bull shit that you can't get out of. If they got drama from the start, they will have drama in the end.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To thegod I have never been in a realationship where i was hit and let me tell you I will NEVER stay with anyone who even dreams of doing it.
    Now to James, I just want to let you know that I love you and all You represent, BUT you have to let that drama go. I know you and how you feel about men who hit women. It's too easy to bring her drama to your own life. I know you know that you and I are on the same page when it comes to drama. We both go the opposite direction. So take my advice and leave her alone. Just as thegod said, she is with that same guy right now. I just don't want to see you in some bull shit that you can't get out of. If they got drama from the start, they will have drama in the end.

     
  • At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Friday nights were always my favorite. It's like the whole week has meaning when I leave work on Friday and hang out in the clubs or just roll through neighborhoods that are happenin' with the music bangin'.

    The ladies! Those events too often are brought on when people first hook up. You train people how to treat you. Undoubtedly she didn't establish the respect she was entitled.

    Guys bustin' up ladies, doen't sit well with me.

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To Shai and Mental Slave

    Yall must be feeling kinda funny. I didn't say only women stay in fucked up situations...I know men do it too...hell I did it. No physical abuse but abuse is abuse none the less.

    I am not so judgmental I was just stating my view as you are stating yours.

    I am not giving a fuck about men being logical and women emotional..I already know that shit...and you got some men out here who are bitch made so that goes for them being super emotional too.

    In accordance to what Hustleman was saying about ol...girl...it just seems that she still loves dude or likes him and I was telling tha brother don't get mixed up in her bullshit.

    Plus Just because I say it's just what women seem to do...does not mean I was saying all women. I know all women ain't like that...c'mon man you can't be serious..talking to me like I don't know. Hmmm?

    It's all good fam!

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Shai said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Shai said…

    god said:I am not giving a fuck about men being logical and women emotional..I already know that shit...and you got some men out here who are bitch made so that goes for them being super emotional too.


    Shai says: Ok god, that was rough didn't have to go there. I don't know you and shared some facts. Some men and women don't pay attention to the differences.

    A blanket statement was made. Using some instead could have been better.

    You didn't have to cuss if you knew it already. Geez. Man, it ain't that serious.

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with Capt 100% and have said the same thing myself. We train people how to treat us. If you allow someone to hit or mistreat you and you tolerate the BS in the beginning, don't be surprised when the situation continues to get worse. You establish respect upfront and that's what you will continue to receive.

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, and NO DOUBT they've been through this before. The fact that she told him where she was is an indicator of that. I just hope that she walks away before things get any worse.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home