The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday Reflection: My Confession, My Disease

Greetings Fam, another week has drawn to a close and another one has begun. My weekend was uneventful for the most part. I put in some work on both businesses to keep my momentum going and through it all I’m staying focused on my next move. I feel myself changing in a good way; like growing into a stronger me. I’m more focused, more open to new ideas, more patient and more grateful for what I have in my life. It’s plain to see I have gotten my swagger back! I chop all this up to just doing what it is I love. Sure things will change over time but for now I’m feeling great!

So I’m sitting here at my keyboard and I realize that I have a disease. Yes Fam, your Hustleman is in a state of dis-ease. I have thoroughly diagnosed myself and I have come to the conclusion that I have what some call Notrikmeitis. It used to be a very common disease but it seems more and more people have never come down with it. Fortunately I’m not one of them.

Notrikmeitis is a natural allergic reaction to bullshit. Yes I know… please don’t feel sorry for me I’ve had it for many years now and I know some of you out there do too. We just seem to be able to feel an allergic reaction coming a mile away. Let me illustrate my point.

So I’m at my hustling spot Friday. New York showed up ready to grind and feeling a bit of pressure because his woman’s father just passed and she had to run off out of state to make funeral arrangements and maneuver some things around. She’ll be gone till December so he took it upon himself to take care of both their households. Stand up dude no doubt, that’s just how he is. Anyhow… part-timey, turned broke hustler, Big Boy E shows up. Hmm… haven’t seen this guy in almost 2 weeks, ever since I loaned him 5 dollars. If it was that easy to get rid of him I would have done it sooner. I’m not trippin’ over 5 dollars, I’m trippin’ over his constant lines of excuses and all out bullshit.

This dude, Big Boy E, is supposed to have a job, a landscaping business and he hustles on the side. Yet he rides the bus (I’m not knockin’ that, I could end up back on there myself some day) and is always broke. How the hell you run a landscaping business off the bus line is a feat I need to see to accept, feel me? Moving on… so New York and I greet him and I ask him if he has my 5 dollars. I already knew the answer but I had to ask just to fuck with him and see what he had to say. I was like hey, just give me a dollar a day! He said he couldn’t do it and yes, my allergies kicked in big time. Mainly from his story which he was so eager to share.

He’s been dating an older woman for about 7 months now. They argue, fight, don’t trust one another but yet he moved in with her and got engaged. Of course this is all his side of the story so I roll with it. Now his excuse for not being seen for almost 2 weeks is that he moved out and is currently staying in a hotel. This means he’s paying a weekly rate so I know money is tight because I’ve done that before. He goes into this long story, which I cut short because of my allergies (I was starting to feel kind of sick). Ok so no problems. I wished him the best and got back on my grind.

Saturday comes and there he is again. I greet him and he tells me he’s selling food stamps, $150 for $75. Good deal! But where did he get the stamps from? From his lady, oh sorry, ex-fiancé who he stopped messing with because she has relationship issues supposedly. So what dude? Did you steal the EBT card? What’s the deal? I thought your lady was a well paid nurse with her own house, 2 cars and a plush bank account because she always offers you money (which he turns down because he doesn’t want to seem like he’s ‘using’ her). Oh and by the way she wouldn’t even qualify for food stamps; maybe I missed that memo? Maybe perhaps I have idiot imprinted on my forehead?

I shook my head and wish him the best and put some distance in between us… you know I got that disease, I was starting to feel a little under the weather for a moment.

Well Fam I just don’t know what to do with people like this. It’s hilarious actually. Why feel the need to lie and concoct stories? It doesn’t make you look better, it makes you look like a fool. If you suffer from Notrikmeitis you know what I’m talking about. Sad part is these people actually feel I can accept what they’re saying. Just because I’m not about to argue with you about your bullshit doesn’t mean I fell for it.

Eh… it is what it is I guess. Sad part is I get this alot from people in all walks of life. I might end up in a coma one day from bullshit overload! My disease has been known to do that and there doesn’t seem to be a cure other than staying away from agitators, sort of like asthma.

Much Love Fam! Enjoy the rest of your day and the days that follow, live every moment. If there’s any other blog Fam out there with Notrikmeitis, holla at me and share your story.

*** Unparalleled business Game ~ Home Based and Small Business strategies, techniques and tricks of the trade straight from your Hustleman:

Hustle And Profit.com

10 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the diagnosis! I feel so much better now knowing what it is.

    I had this girl who would ALWAYS want to borrow money from me back during my club days. We lived in the same community, worked at the same place, and had a lot of the same friends. We became pretty close over the years. I think I loaned her money about 3 times. Once because she had gotten a few tickets for driving with no insurance so I thought I would help her out and give her money to reinstate her policy. Another time because she needed rent money and was about to be evicted and another time for a utility bill.

    Here's where the disease comes in. EVERYTIME I loaned this heiffer money, I would see her out at the club the same week sporting fresh hair and a new outfit. She would immediately come up to me and start explaining and of course I would start to get that sick feeling you mentioned. The last incident of Notrikmeitis was when I let this girl borrow my car and she totalled it. She was supposed to have my car for a couple of hours to go skating with some friends from out of town and back by 10. I get a call from a friend saying they spotted her at the club at 1 a.m. She got dropped off at my house by the police, on a work night mind you, to pick up her kids after 5 in the morning. She had a million sorry excuses and I had to cut her off before I ended up hospitalized from Notrikmeitis.

    Dang, I guess this could've been a blog entry huh? Smile

     
  • At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I developed the disease having been an musical artist and hearing bullshit from so many folks about what they were going to do for me in the industry. Those lessons were learned early. So now I listen but I don't get caught up in it emotionally. Now they have to show me.

    Same in owning my business. Customers can make some promises about the kind of business they want to do with you. But I don't get caught up in future sales - I deal with the sale at hand. If they want to show me something, that's the time to do it.

    Good luck with your plans!

     
  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HILARIOUS!!!! You really need to call folks on it though.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was hilarious. Thank you for defining that ailment because I think I have been suffering from it too!

     
  • At 5:14 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ the goddess - WHOA! I thought I had it bad. My heart goes out to you, but a totalled car! Man, that's enough to cut someone right there LOL. What can I say? Welcome to the club :-)

    @ The Capt - I feel you on the business tip. I do the same thing, nod my head, confirm and then let it be. I always wonder why people have a hard time just saying no, or that they won't or can't do it. Oh well, it is what it is.

    @ the god - Peace to the god! Have no fear, he won't be getting any favors from me anytime soon. Hell, he might not be getting any conversation from me either.

    @ Newy - Thank you for commenting. I usually do call people on their bullshit, mainly to see what else they can come up with at the spur of the moment. It's fun! But for this particular instance I just let it go and went back to making my money. I didn't have the time and didn't want to waste the energy.

    @ Ricecrispy - I appreciate you taking the time to stop by. Glad I could be of help with the diagnosis and hopefully we can all spread the word to prevent any further outbreaks from people like ourselves.

     
  • At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had to come back and tell you...I realize that I too have Notrikmeitis I didn't realize it until I looked at the symptoms:

    1)The eye rolling, teeth sucking whenever bullshyt is being spoken around me. It is a reflexive type reaction that I didn't even realize occurred.

    2)The involuntary mouth movement that causes a hollow "bish you know you lying" to come out inexplicably. I thought it was a cough.

    3)The "ignore call" reflex whenever said bullshytter's name appears on caller idea

    I need treatment.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That should have been "ID" not idea

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Newy - LOL You don't need treatment, I think you're alright. And I feel you on the caller ID thing. That takes a little bit of mental preparation, or just plain ignoring. I usually do the latter.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is some funny crap! Nice to know that Im not th only one folks think they can trick into believing any bull shit that comes out of thier mouth. I just heard some MAJOR BULL SHIT the other day and if I had your disease I'm sure it would have killed me..... lol

    People are so funny!!! Where in the hel did he git the stamps from? lol that's crazy!

     
  • At 9:46 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Mental - Hey babygirl! It's a longer story please don't ask LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home