The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Hustleman Introspection: The Chains That Bind Us

Well well… It seems like a dreary, rainy, windy, cold night here in ATL, it’s all good though I kind of like the rain. It brings back memories of some pretty good times, feel me? Greetings to the Fam it’s your Hustleman once again! I’m not trying to bring anyone down but I’m feeling introspective today so bare with me for a few.

***Quick Announcement – If you have some entrepreneur in you, then please feel free to check out the 2 new articles on my site (Hustleandprofit.com) as I cover some basic game about getting started from scratch and how to avoid being a follower in the marketplace. To check them out CLICK HERE.

As most of us get prepared for the holiday season I find myself reflecting on those who are less fortunate than you and I. Maybe it’s the rain bringing this out of me, but when I hit the blocks lately and look around I realize just how bad things are getting out here. People losing jobs, crime on the rise, people are stressed and depressed and a lot of people are looking for any little bit of joy and happiness they can find.

I know a lot of us feel as though the world is moving fast and we’re being left behind. In an odd way that’s very true. Have you ever heard of the “Double Chains Of Limitation”? Well if not it goes something like this.

“Chains can be made of gold or iron, but they’re still chains.”

And when I say chains I’m not talking about what’s around your neck. What this means is that just because your chains look good, they are still limiting you and holding you back. This metaphor calls attention to avoiding extremes in your life. Be good, but not overly good. Be giving, but don’t give everything you have. Give time to the people you love, but not all your time. This metaphor is about balance. If you go to either extreme you literally trap yourself and limit yourself.

Gold chains are the extreme of positive and iron chains are the extreme of negative. It’s good to be good and do positive things but it’s not good to be a sucka, follow me? It’s bad to be selfish and not give a damn about anyone else but it’s good to give accordingly.

We all want to do better and be better (at least I hope so) but if you limit yourself you’ll only get so far. To go to either extreme creates a chain that ties you down to one spot. And from this spot you can only move so far in any direction.

Now I hear some of you saying, “But wait! What goes around comes around. If I do good things, good things will come back to me.” True indeed but there’s a price to be paid in always being the perfect little angel. That price is the cutting off of your willpower. You see, the Heavenly Father (by whatever name you call him) gave all of us the power of choice; the ability to know good from evil. It was given to us for a reason.

No one living today is perfect and totally righteous. And if someone tells you there is then please slap them for me. We should strive to be positive but we can’t forget that this world is full of negativity. We should deal with people by looking at their actions. Fuck what they’re saying. Just because you’re good person doesn’t mean the next person is. You have to deal with them accordingly. It’s all about the willpower; the ability to choose.

Just wanted to pass that along. Be good Fam and keep it pushin’ out there. I think I’m going to get my relaxation on. Peace and blessings.

*** Unparalleled Business Game ~ Home Based and Small Business strategies, techniques and tricks of the trade straight from your Hustleman:

Hustle And Profit.com

3 Comments:

  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The truth! Ahhh how sweet it is.

    Well you know we over here are having our bumps on the head for going to the extremes. It is a lesson that is valuable for all to dig deeper inside of. That durn pendulum swing.

    Be at you soon God...and your new reports are on the money...oops on point!

     
  • At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, you need to sell these blog entries because this is SOME GREAT STUFF. So much truth and knowledge that so few of us have. You always are giving me something to think about and great info to pass on.

    Peace and Blessings to you also

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @the god - Don't even get me started on the pendulum LOL. I know you all will pull it together.

    @the goddess - Peace and blessings sista. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home