The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Tales From The Block: The Last Phone Call

What’s good Fam? Your Hustleman is still here and doing what I do. I sincerely hope all is well with each and every one of you and if not, make some efforts to change it. Everything must change sooner or later, but it works much faster if you put forth some effort.

The block is good. I’m at peace for the most part; still grinding and trying to step up my Game. New York is still New York, playing lotto and talking mad shit. I’m glad he let those two clown niggas he was hanging with go. I guess he realized what I did; they Hustle but they’re not Hustlers, feel me? It amazes me that as hard as New York is, he has a big heart. He’ll help you in a heart beat. I respect that in him.

I haven’t been doing too much dating wise lately. Mainly because I’ve realized that I need to screen and interview these females first. So it’s all phone convo before I commit to spending time or money. So far, no one has really caught my interest so the search continues. Oh, and to Mz Nici Nicole – stop being like that; let me take you out already! Clear your schedule up a bit LOL (jus playin’). Anyway, enjoy your vacation and be safe. Back on point… I’ll give you all more updates in another post but I wanted to pass this story on to you all.

Recently at my spot I ran into one of my long time customers. An older Lady who I’ll call Mz. Dee. She’s a sweetheart really; the type of woman to always have a smile on her face and is quick to engage you in conversation. I haven’t seen her in awhile so it was a pleasure to see her. We exchanged the Happy New Year’s and I asked her what’s been going on with her. She looked down for a moment and then told me about her tragedy. I listened intently because I’ve never known her to have that look on her face that I was seeing.

Her son known as Red was killed on Washington Road in East Point a couple of months ago. I met Red a couple of times. He was a cool brother. Seems he was in an altercation with someone at a club over some money. Apparently that dude didn’t forget. Red was a Hustler, the drug selling type. Nothing big, just green (weed). He felt it coming too because as she put it, he took his daughters picture with him that morning because he wanted to have her close to him that day.

It was all a set up basically. However the killer got his cell phone number remains a mystery but more than likely someone spit that information out freely. I would guess one of his customers. Mz Dee shook her head because she couldn’t understand why he never changed his cell phone number. Side Note: To all my dope boys out there, change your number often – that’s part of the drug game; keep it moving. So the killer called him up and told him he need X amount of such and such and to meet at a corner store. Red slipped here because first of all he didn’t try to find out who was on the other end of the line, and two, you never meet strange people by yourself; it doesn’t matter is it’s in a public place.

So as Red shows up and steps out of the car the bullets begin to fly. He (or they) shot him 13 times just as he got out of the car. The shooter took no green or money; he did what he had to do and got the hell on. He must of planned this out carefully because he still hasn’t been caught although I’m sure someone close to Red might have an idea of who this dude is. I was stunned to hear about all this as I watched the emotion on Mz Dee’s face. She went into her purse and pulled out some pictures of the funeral, including one of her son. He was laying peacefully, the light of life clearly gone from him.

Mz Dee heard the news from a friend who was passing by the corner store. The friend saw Red laid out in the parking lot surrounded by police and made the phone call. Wow, how do tell a mother something like that? Mz. Dee thought it was a joke at first and then the reality set in. She said she was hysterical and rushed to the corner store as fast as she could. Sad, he was in his early twenties and he leaves his daughter behind, she’s three or four if I have my facts straight.

My heart goes out to the Family. Damn these streets are cold. Peace and blessings Fam.

5 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the info babe,
    I have a friend named Red and we grew up on Washington road. He and his family lived here in for a few years. Could it be the same person? I guess I cn get the details from you later. Great post Oh by the way, you're right to screen these women before you invest time and or money into them. It's sad to say but you just never know what folks are up to or want from you. You keep on keepin on.

    Mental_Slave.

     
  • At 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to hear about Red.

    Yet, life is what life is. Actions = Results...hmmm we know that way too well.

    Hope all is well with ya. I tried to call ya but you don't never answer the phone. Plus I know your celly number is changed...I called that too.

    Be at ya soon.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HEY THERE LIL' BUDDY! JUST STOPPIN BY TO SAY HI AND THANKS FOR PUTTIN ME ON BLAST LIKE THAT! LOL! ANYWAYS YOU RIGHT TO BE "SCREENIN" WOMEN LIKE THAT. IN LIFE YOU NEED TO "SCREEN" PEOPLE IN GENERAL, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT THEM IN YOUR "INNER" CIRCLE. SIMPLY BECAUSE THOSE CLOSE TO US TEND TO BE A REFLECTION OF US. I REMEMBER GROWIN UP AND MY MOM SAYIN CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS AND WHO YOU ASSOCIATE WITH WISELY BECAUSE YOULL FIND YOURSELF ACTING LIKE THEM....YEAH I DIDNT TOO MUCH UNDERSTAND THAT AS A CHILD BUT AS AN ADULT I CAN FULLY RELATE TO IT. ON ANOTHER NOTE MY VACATION WAS GREAT AND MUCH NEEDED. LOVIN LA BUT I MUST SAY...WAS HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED IN ROSCOES CHICKEN AND WAFFLES (GLADYS IS KILLIN IT:) ANYWAYS IM OUT HOMIE. HOLLA AT YA LATER.

     
  • At 4:35 AM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @ Mz Mental - Considering the age difference betweent Red and yourself it's probably not the same person. And no worries, I have my "interview' questions all set-up and ready to go for these females. Much love.

    @ The God - Peace Bro. Hmm, have you been calling me from a Denver area code? Haven't seen any calls from there come up. Anyhow my first phone with the new number wasn't getting all the calls anyway... had to get it changed out. I'll be getting up with you. Peace.

    @ Mz Nici Nicole - Glad you enjoyed your vacation. I should have went with ya, haven't been to LA for years! And for the record it's always a pleasure to put you on blast LOL - Just playin' - You know how we do.

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

Post a Comment

<< Home