The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Financial Game And Forecast For 2007

Sorry for the delay Fam, but after a short New Year break it’s back to business. Last month I was drowning myself in work and taking my leisure time to do leisure things which is pretty much just watching movies and messing around on the computer. Although I’m really more of an outside type person, when it’s time to chill I just like to be in the house. I spend a lot of my time interacting with people and sometimes I just get to the point where I need some quiet time to myself. I think everyone is like that to a certain degree. I truly hope that your New Year went well and I have to say I’m grateful for another year. Time flies doesn’t it? Seems like only a year or 2 ago we just hit 2000… it is what it is I suppose. Anyway here’s a financial forecast for the next few months from someone looking at things from a street level with a Hustler’s perspective of course *smile*

On a business perspective it’s going to be busy for me again for the next couple of months. Tax returns mean more people spending more money on things they probably don’t need. Since I try to keep up with what’s going on in the business world, it seems that most retailers did about average this year, no surprise there since our economy is all over the place. The thing that gets me is that without a tax return, many people wouldn’t make it from year to year. That lump sum of money gives some serious breathing room to a lot of people, especially the lower class as they call it. But here’s a head’s up from your Hustleman; hold on to your dollars (if at all possible) and spend it in late March when retailers put their prices back to normal. Now your big ticket items such as houses and cars will carry good deals upfront, but you’ll pay for it in the back end, trust me on that! Don’t fall for the classic bait and hook dance they give you. The business world knows that people will have more money to spend so they want to make sure they get a piece of that, so why not jack up prices a little bit to make up for the Holidays? That’s just good business… at least for the business owner. Make sure you do your thorough investigation and research before you commit yourself to anything like that.

For my fellow Hustlers out there on the grind, a word of wisdom: Now until mid-March is probably the best time to get yourself into your customers minds. Be reasonable with the prices and you can be assured you’ll make a few new year-round customers. And we all know that’s what you want, repeat business. Repeat business equals steady income, but you know that right? Have those discounts or coupons ready to get those new customers or clients in the door and seal the deal from there. Don’t forget to line something up on the back-end, you’ll need those extra dollars for April and May which I predict will be slow (unless of course there’s a major turn-around in the employment rate).

If you don’t have a business yet or are in the beginning stages now is NOT a good time to jump that business off. The exception to that would be unless you have enough money in your budget to last you to the summer; or if you start extremely small like I counsel others to do. You probably won’t see much in profit until then. Sure you’ll catch some tax-return money but that is temporary, things will dry up for a few months until mid to late spring. Do what you do though, just stating my observation.

For my workers out there (those that are employed) I would advise you to do your best to save some of that tax-return money. Anywhere from 10 to 20%. You worked hard for that, pay yourself FIRST before giving that to someone else. And there’s a lot of security in knowing that you have a little extra put away in case of emergency, or even to invest. Also if you’re shopping around for sales try to catch the ones that happen at the beginning of the week (Monday through Wednesday), instead of the weekends. Why you ask? Because the slowest day of the retail week is Tuesday. This usually means (not always) that the prices are slightly lower and that the business is trying to get rid of what ever it didn’t sell over the weekend to make room for the new stuff. If you have it in you, you can probably negotiate even further discounts on certain items or overstocks. Try it, you might be surprised. Always talk with the Store Manager or Business Owner about these things, employees can’t do anything for you in this regard.

Alright enough of the financial talk, before I bore you all to death LOL – just wanted to pass that on to let you see what I see. Hustle, don’t be Hustled; follow me? Take care Fam and I’ll be back at you as soon as possible (I'll be posting regularly again in another week or two). Peace and blessings.

*** Unparalleled Business Game ~ Home Based and Small Business strategies, techniques and tricks of the trade straight from your Hustleman:

Learn the Game

3 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good advice. Wanted to wish you the best for 2007!

    New Years to the end of March Madness can be tough for even seasoned businesses but you have to improvise & diversify.

    Don't be a stranger, Hustleman! ;]

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey there! You gave some great info and I hope a lot of people take heed to your words. Tax time businesses (retailers) go crazy trying to get peoples LAST dollar and try to finagle deals anyway they can, but we ALWAYS end up paying for it in the long run, or back end as you say. I know I'll be trying to save every penny I can. I've got lots of catch up to do.

    Sounds like you had a relaxing New Years. Wishing you the best in 2007.

     
  • At 11:39 PM, Blogger The_Hustleman AKA James W. Dennis said…

    @The Capt - Happy New Year to you too Capt! Yeah sorry, been taking care of business over here and I haven't been around on the blogs too much. And you're right, improvise and diversify without stretching your budget. Always glad you take yout time to stop by, much appreciated!

    @ The Goddess - Peace to the Mrs! Hope everything in Denver is going well. I've noticed you all have been having some crazy ass weather out there; glad I missed it ;) LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home