The Hustleman Chronicles

Hustling in the concrete jungle of Atlanta, Georgia USA isn't easy. My goal? Simple... to go from net worth zero to the making of my first million. Will I flop, or rise to the top? Truth be told, failure is NOT an option. E-Mail your Hustleman at : thehustleman@hustleandprofit.com for some personal dialogue, comments or questions.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

An Insight Into Introspection

Peace Fam! Things are finally settling down for me (for the most part) and just coming off the holiday all I can say it was a good one. The 25th just happens to be Mz Angel B’s birthday. She’s a homegirl of both Mz Mental and I. That pic above was my company for the evening as we did a little last minute celebration. From Left to Right: Juicy, Mz Angel B., and of course Mz Mental. We headed out to catch the Dreamgirls flick which was both good and bad. This movie really showcased the vocal talents of Jennifer Hudson (even more than Beyonce); and Eddie Murphy and Jamie Foxx did their thing. The disappointing aspect for me was all the damn singing! It felt too much like a musical (which it was originally meant to be, yeah I know) I just figured that when they turned it into a movie they would stick more to the dialogue to push the story instead of singing. Ah well… I’ll give it 6 dollars and fifty cents out of 10 (6.5/10). I’d watch it again if I didn’t have anything else to watch.

We caught the movie at Magic Johnson Theatres and I must say it’s a beautiful thing to walk into an establishment and see nothing but your people. From management on down to us customers. Despite how we treat each other sometimes, to be surrounded by nothing but your own people just feels good. I love the ATL, the good and the bad. Moving on…

If you already didn’t know Fam, I’m an introspective type dude. Trust me on that. When I look at life situations and people I usually see them from a different perspective than your average person. Now although this usually works to my advantage, sometimes I miss obvious details that someone else has to point out to me. Being introspective gives you a unique view on life mainly because you internalize things and analyze them instead of taking them on face value. Some people look at a glass half empty, other look at it half full. Now me, I don’t even see the glass I look at the water and think, “What if you poured that water in a smaller glass? Wouldn’t it be full then? Or if you poured it in a pitcher then it would look like hardly any water at all.” follow me on that? I see both sides of the coin and realize that things can go either way; it’s just how you look at it. Everything is exactly what it is when you go beyond outside appearance.

An example of my thought process: Let’s just say a man robbed a bank. Most people would immediately label him a criminal. Now me, I question his motives behind what he did; his purpose. Now robbing a bank isn’t the smartest thing to do but what if that was the only way he could think of to get money to feed his 3 starving children? Although what he did was still wrong, his reason behind it was for a good purpose. It is what it is.

Perspective is the difference between those that succeed and those that fail. I realized this early in my business career mainly because my perspective was shitty. When I used to Hustle with partners who were much more experienced than me, I used to be amazed at how fast they did what they did. They made it seem effortless and here I was struggling to do half of what they could do. This is the type of stuff that can turn you into a hater if you’re not careful. It just didn’t seem fair. But in reality it was fair. I wanted the good results without putting in the work to get it. Now that’s fucked up perspective; it hurt no one but me. What you THINK is what you get; not what you SEE. Don’t skip over that, it’s simple but can make a powerful impact on your future results in life.

Stay up Fam. Your Hustleman will return soon, until then I’ll be getting ready for the New Year as I know most of you will. And everyone out there enjoy your New Year and be safe. Peace and blessings.

*** Unparalleled Business Game ~ Home Based and Small Business strategies, techniques and tricks of the trade straight from your Hustleman:

Small and Home Based Business Made Easy

6 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a chance to go catch Dream Girls and I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I was pleased by the fact that the movie didn't focus on Beyonce' the way I expected. Jennifer Hudson is truly talented and it was great that she had the opportunity to shine.

    Anyway, glad to hear things are going well. Hope you have a marvelous New Year!

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I reall y wish you would have used a better picture of me!!!

    I love the way you think about life and all that surrounds you.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Shai said…

    I feel ya. I analyze and look at things differently. When I hear that glass analogy, I think that it is Both, half full and half empty. LOL.

     
  • At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're a wise man! All the best to you. And let 2007 be all YOU want it to be.

    Happy New Year, Hustleman!

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah the Godddess and fam..went to see that Dream Girls shit. Man I cannot take another musical movie.

    The girls look good in that pic. Like they are happy to be going out.

    Perspective is truth. Yet the funny thing that gets me about it...is how do you know when you have correct perception because one incident can be viewed 10 different ways. I need some more perspective in my life because I have started looking at things for what they are..and it makes life quite depressing.

    Happy New Years Bro!!

     
  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Shana said…

    I'm going to steal this quote: "Perspective is the difference between those that succeed and those that fail." Very enlightening post. . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home